Anyone have any trouble doing a reboot after unistalling a app or rebooting with the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

9700 reboot issues

Advertisement

Anyone have any trouble doing a reboot after unistalling a app or rebooting with the shorcut keys alt+right shift+del?
    my phone freezes and doesnt reboot.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Have you tried pulling the battery instead?
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Haven't ran into an issue like yours yet. I'm running my stock OS and no issues. ctrl/alt/del no problem here either.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    Mine doesn't freeze, but when I do the soft reset it takes a while for my phone to actually restart. It was much slower compared to the curve I had before.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Had .330, no issue, ran .351, no issue, running .371 no issues. I know that the .351 and .371 both don't look like the normal reboot, as the screen doesn't go to load screen right away. It stops, goes to a white screen and then goes to the load screen. .351 took longer than the other to and .371 loads the quickest for me. Is it a certain app or just any that you delete because I've deleted a few and had no issues when it asks me if I want to reboot now and hit yes.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    That white screen or the delay to reset is normal, being implemented in OS 5.0

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i have not had any reboot issues, but what i have had, thats somewhat similar, is a pseudo-freeze. its like when a windows machine indicates a program has stopped responding, but if u give it some time to think, it comes around... only on the BB, it does it with a black screen with spinning clock. i cant pin down when/why it happens but if i wait a few seconds, maybe up to 15, it goes post-ictal and recovers. i usually do a full shut down with battery pull at that time to help it recover in case there is an active corruption lurking somewhere in the coffee programming.
    I'm a born again Androider

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    this is the only issue im having with the bbb2- whenever i press alt+shift+ del it takes a good 10 seconds for the led to turn red and then another 3-5 seconds to actually start the reboot sequence-- all thru the 13-15 seconds the phone is frozen and i cant do anything- its pretty annoying as the old 8900 did not have this issue
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Have you tried pulling the battery instead?
    Yeah I can do a battery pull like normal, its just annoying when you have to take the case off to pull a battery to reboot the phone. Im running the stock OS maybe a updated OS will fix it. I gonna take it in a see if I can get it exchanged
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    jeff,

i use to get that problem, but lately its got better. i would say give it sum time....im always adding and removing apps on my phone......

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    That white screen or the delay to reset is normal, being implemented in OS 5.0
    Yes, this is my understanding as well.