Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt Both the 9700 charging cradles arrived today. Note: the light on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

R0ME0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Both the 9700 charging cradles arrived today. Note: the light on the back edge. Works perfectly!

See: http://www.pbase.com/image/118730872
    Do you know if both the back light and the blackberry logo light up when charging? I know that on the 8900 charger RIM falsly advertised the light up logo. That was always one of the prestigous features of the bb cradle that I always loved. I had to swap for 2 8900 cradles to know that it didn't have it until RIM admitted taht they had a really large batch of these cradles made without the light and that it was a manufacturing error.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
    Do you know if both the back light and the blackberry logo light up when charging? I know that on the 8900 charger RIM falsly advertised the light up logo. That was always one of the prestigous features of the bb cradle that I always loved. I had to swap for 2 8900 cradles to know that it didn't have it until RIM admitted taht they had a really large batch of these cradles made without the light and that it was a manufacturing error.
    I would know as I am looking at mine right now while it is charging my 9700. The logo is on the back over where the charger plugs in and does not light up at all. The light on the back edge only indicates the pod is powered. Just like the other PODS all indications of charging are on the blackberry screen and not the charger.

Thee are only two contacts involved here, enough to charge the device but not enough to give any status.

It workd very well for what it was intended.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

R0ME0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I would know as I am looking at mine right now while it is charging my 9700. The logo is on the back over where the charger plugs in and does not light up at all. The light on the back edge only indicates the pod is powered. Just like the other PODS all indications of charging are on the blackberry screen and not the charger.

Thee are only two contacts involved here, enough to charge the device but not enough to give any status.

It workd very well for what it was intended.
    Thanks for the confirmation Greg. Having been a long time blackberry fan I'm a bit disappointed and not quite sure why the blackberry logo on the cradle would face the wall. That makes no sense what so ever and the light up blackberry logo really was a over nice branding touch when I had my 8320. IMO Rim needs to step it up with their accesories. But I'm sure the 9700 handset itself is phenomenal!

PIN/ID
    No Way
    My only guess is that while sitting on your desk the person infront of you desk sees the Logo.

The 9700 will dissapoint very few!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

hitesh83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i just got my bold 2 oh my god its sooo WOOWWWWWWW cheers for the cradle link, need one best thing ever!!! no headache trying to find the charger hole in the dark lol

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I would think you wouldn't want the logo to light up if you are using it as an alarm clock and want the room dark!

One question, is the usb connection micro or mini? Just want to know if I can just use the same plugin I have now for my 9000 pod and just switch out pods!

PIN/ID
    No Way
    You will need the samller USB connector which from what I hear is going to be the new standard. It is not the same as the 9000.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    same seller now has it for $17.95 w/ free shipping.

bought one, a rubber case and a funky designed side holster (different seller).

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    i have a cradle for my 8900 (love it), and im getting my 9700 on wednesday n i want to know if my 8900 cradle would work for my 9700? i dont want to buy one and its the same exact thing.....does anyone know?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    the 8900 cradle wont work with the 9700-- the contacts on the 8900 are right in the middle and they are on the side on the 9700
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    suuuuxxxx....oh well, thanx for the info....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Nice cradle. I had one for my 8100 series until I found a crack on the inside of the cradle itself. I may have to order this one. Question for those who have looked at the OEM sized extended battery. Is it 1650mAh (according to http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/....asp?item=4477) or 1750mAh (according to http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17bbx5.htm)?

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    OEM Blackberry Desk Charger Charging Pod for Bold (Onyx) 9700 Price: $9.03 http://bit.ly/6mIwsI
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm gonna get myself one of the babes, for sure ! Have one for the 8900, why not another for the 9700 ? The phone deserves it...what the hell, I deserve it !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12