Hi guys, Got a problem with my UK Vodafone 9700. Woke up this morning - ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sjeh no está en línea Stack level 1

9700 Loading Screen Freeze

Advertisement

Hi guys,

Got a problem with my UK Vodafone 9700.

Woke up this morning - and it's on the loading screen (that you see after a battery pull) with the progress bar three quarters complete. It's not progressing. Tried removing the battery. Any ideas? :confused:

Has been working perfectly for the last 2 months.

Very strange. Please help, not sure what else i can try!

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    How long does it sit at the 3/4 mark vs how long did it originally take to load? Any new OS update?

Try leaving the battery out for 3-5 minutes. Sometimes that can help. If it doesn't I wonder what would happen if you take out the sim card and then place the battery in....wait to see if it loads and then pull the battery and replace the sim and battery.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    Try leaving the battery out for 3-5 minutes. Sometimes that can help. If it doesn't I wonder what would happen if you take out the sim card and then place the battery in....wait to see if it loads and then pull the battery and replace the sim and battery.
    Tried taking the sim card (& memory card) out then putting the battery back in. Still gets stuck 3/4's of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    How long does it sit at the 3/4 mark vs how long did it originally take to load? Any new OS update?
    I have only left it for about 2 hours at the 3/4 mark. At which point i gave up & pulled the battery out.
    From memory It originally took about 2 mins to load from cold.
    No new OS updates.

Cheers for the response guys. Any ideas?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have u installed any new apps themes recently? Also what OS are you running?

Have you backed it up recently? Maybe you should try restoring it. I feel that if you can't get to any options on the phone then it will be hard to fix. I would try a restore with your desktop manager and through that you would be able to delete any new apps as well that mauy be contributing to this issue.

FYI this could not be fixed:

When i tried to redo the OS - got this message.

It has been sent back to RIM - all is lost