Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by BHP77 Made in Canada here, every BB that Ive had that was ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Made in Canada here, every BB that Ive had that was made in canada has had, read it, zero issues. this is why i started the thread about where everones BB is made. The 9000 had issue at first and they sorted throughthem, I isent back two 9000, then i asked for one made in Canada, the guy had to pullbox after box out until he found one. Since then it has been a beast, nothing short of amazing, the thing holds up. thats why I asked for a 9700 that was made in canada, no issues here, fantastic device. I'm know there are plenty of devices made in hugary and mexico that are just fine and work perfect with no issues. It just seems that quality control is better in their home country. Just my opinion, and just my experiance.
    +1

I have owned 10 BlackBerry's made in Canada, all flawless.

I have owned 4 BlackBerry's made me mexico, two were bad, two were poorly assembled.

I have owned 4 BlackBerry's from the other mfg sites all had problems.

My choice? Made in Canada or nothing.

It's just not worth my time to gamble.

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    +1

I have owned 10 BlackBerry's made in Canada, all flawless.

I have owned 4 BlackBerry's made me mexico, two were bad, two were poorly assembled.

I have owned 4 BlackBerry's from the other mfg sites all had problems.

My choice? Made in Canada or nothing.

It's just not worth my time to gamble.

Is there a way to ensure you get one from Canada? I've only had ones from mexico. A pearl that was almost perfect and a curve that was bad from the beginning and had to be replaced. Both had bad seals around the screen and eventually allowed dust underneath which drives me crazy.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I don't believe there is a way to "make sure" you get one unless you buy it in store and request it. The people at the store should be more than happy to fulfill your request and if not, tell them that's ok, you'll buy it from someone else who is. Its on the side of the box, where the imei and pin numbers are located.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah I had to return mine because T key didn't work at all. Just return it if this happens.

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure where my 9700 was made, but there are definitely differences coming off a 8900. You do have to press harder on the keys, and I had a lot of problems with m/period key at first. I could type a period where I needed one, but if I wanted 3 in a row - forget it. It's sort of adjusted itself and I think it has something to do with how I am holding the phone. If I am holding it and slightly pressing on the right side convenience key, I can't type almost anything and especially not the "period".

I have small hands, but do find that my hands cramp a bit more using this keyboard. I do love the phone though!

Director447 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This may sound funny, but the best key board I ever had was on the 8300 Curve it was spaced better and much easier to type for my large hands. Director447

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Director447 View Post
    This may sound funny, but the best key board I ever had was on the 8300 Curve it was spaced better and much easier to type for my large hands. Director447
    Very true. I loved that keyboard.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Is anyone else having keyboard issues - the silver frets in-between the lines of characters have cracked above and below the "a" and above and below the "p/@" key, aka the heaviest usage keys. The young lady I spoke to at T-Mobile is telling me it's not a known issue and that they won't replace it, and I have to go through Assurion. However, she said that there was a known issue with keys breaking off the keyboard...which is about to happen to my phone because they are all loose where the silver fret is broken.

I'm furious to say the very least. I've been with these jokesters for 7 years and have had a Blackberry for most of that time. This keyboard is the flimsiest I've ever seen, and they know it. I refuse to pay $130 to have Assurion replace a phone that can't hold up to normal business usage. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this across to them, or has anyone else dealt with this same situation? I can't seem to find anything specific, but lots of other people seem to have problems with the keyboard. Do you think a rep at a T-Mobile store would be able to assess this?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I would call back and ask for a Blackberry Tech and if they don't replace it for you, ask for the Loyalty Dept and see if they can do something for you.

If you like to tinker, the 9700 is one of the easiest BlackBerrys to disassemble, and I just checked and there are 609 new 9700 keyboards for sale on ebay. The price range was $15 give-or-take. A good vid on how to disassemble the device: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do9s7kOfPjg. I take these little critters apart all the time, and I'm all thumbs (ask my wife) lol!

I had no problem tinkering with my 8320, and boy did I love that one. For some reason, lack of energy or loss of will with RIM devices, I refuse to tinker. I want them to fix it and them to take responsibility for faulty items. It's only fair.

I took it into a store and had the reps there look at it, so that I could get some consensus. Both agreed that it was my keyboard was extremely "off" compared to their store models and considering that I've had it for about 6 months.

So I called in to customer service again, and explained the situation to the Blackberry support rep. I told her that I am aware losing certain keys is a known issue, and that I believe I just caught it before they fall off. So it turns out that I am correct, and even worse that the rep on the prior call checked my IMEI and knew that it fell into the problematic group. Funny, huh?

I really hate that people don't think outside the box. And worse yet, that it only costs $100 if it arrives and they decide it's accidental damage - that's less than the cost with Assurion. So the first rep caused me a lot of worry for nothing. If I were a BB support rep, I would be on all of the BB forums reading through problems. We know more than they do, often. It's frustrating!

Got new phone today! Fast, but I did pay the $20 fee for expedited shipping. Works like a charm and transfer was a piece of cake!

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Had keyboard problems with mine and simply exchanged it. It will drive you crazy if you don't

Quote Originally Posted by miltw3 View Post
    Had keyboard problems with mine and simply exchanged it. It will drive you crazy if you don't
    No doubt, seriously! Glad to have it done. Now just need to box up the crappy phone and send it back!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123