Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Its official. I have switched back to the Bold (original). The keyboard is so much ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Advertisement

Its official. I have switched back to the Bold (original). The keyboard is so much better. The size is also better. The 9700 is smaller then the 8900. Pdxmatts is right, this should not be called the bold 2. It is an 8900 with a minature bold style keyboard and a trackpad.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Go with what you like. Kind of wish I had a Bold to fall back on.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 11-22-2009 at 02:01 AM.

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3
    I already sold my 8900 so will go forward with the 9700, I like it so just have to get used to some things

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Go with what you like. Kind of wish I had a Bold to fall back on.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

So your a mod now, congrats!

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just swapped my 9700 for a new one due to my F and K keys needing to be pushed harder than the rest. They had no issues swapping it out at the store.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just a guess on my part, after three of my friends had to return theirs. I wonder if it's simply a "bad batch" of keyboards. Mine is just fine. Nothing like the 9000 I have but as good as a 8900.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    It's not weird at all. Most are saying that the 9700 should not have been called the Bold 2. It is more like an improved 8900.
    +1

HICOMPCRX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EAD368
    2 bold 9700's just arrived here @ my house via fedex, my wifes bold has a dead "F" key and on mine the track pad is looser than hers. Her track pad is solid...it clicks and dosent move when you use it, unlike mine...the pad moves around but works fine. Anyone elses track pad feel loose?

mrdurant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    215A9140
    Took a little while to get used to the keyboard, but after 2 days I am back to my high velocity pecking speed.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HICOMPCRX View Post
    2 bold 9700's just arrived here @ my house via fedex, my wifes bold has a dead "F" key and on mine the track pad is looser than hers. Her track pad is solid...it clicks and dosent move when you use it, unlike mine...the pad moves around but works fine. Anyone elses track pad feel loose?
    My wife is having issues with the D key. Having to press harder then the others to get a reaction out of it.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

Quote Originally Posted by jag257 View Post
    My wife is having issues with the D key. Having to press harder then the others to get a reaction out of it.
    This seems to be the norm until RIM sorts out their quality control issues.

I'm sure based on past experience that in about six to eight months they will have it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by HICOMPCRX View Post
    Mine was very loose, so I sent it back and the second one was loose as well. No time for three strikes, I bought a Droid.. a fantastic phone for only the first generation.

Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    This seems to be the norm until RIM sorts out their quality control issues.

I'm sure based on past experience that in about six to eight months they will have it fixed.
    In 6-8 months there might be a new BB that I'll want... oh well..
    JAG257
    iPhone4

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Made in Canada here, every BB that Ive had that was made in canada has had, read it, zero issues. this is why i started the thread about where everones BB is made. The 9000 had issue at first and they sorted throughthem, I isent back two 9000, then i asked for one made in Canada, the guy had to pullbox after box out until he found one. Since then it has been a beast, nothing short of amazing, the thing holds up. thats why I asked for a 9700 that was made in canada, no issues here, fantastic device. I'm know there are plenty of devices made in hugary and mexico that are just fine and work perfect with no issues. It just seems that quality control is better in their home country. Just my opinion, and just my experiance.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Made in Canada here, every BB that Ive had that was made in canada has had, read it, zero issues. this is why i started the thread about where everones BB is made. The 9000 had issue at first and they sorted throughthem, I isent back two 9000, then i asked for one made in Canada, the guy had to pullbox after box out until he found one. Since then it has been a beast, nothing short of amazing, the thing holds up. thats why I asked for a 9700 that was made in canada, no issues here, fantastic device. I'm know there are plenty of devices made in hugary and mexico that are just fine and work perfect with no issues. It just seems that quality control is better in their home country. Just my opinion, and just my experiance.
    Now you're going to give me a complex about my new BB.. any issue from here on out I'm blaming it on mexico.
    JAG257
    iPhone4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast