Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My 9700 is stuck on headphone mode. When tring to make a call, it goes ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3

9700 headphone problem, cant make calls!

Advertisement

My 9700 is stuck on headphone mode. When tring to make a call, it goes in and out of headphone mode, (the headset icon on the top left conner comes and goes) and I can't hear or say anything during a call. Before this problem, I was listening to music for a good 3 hours. Should I take it to at&t? I think its a hardware problem inside the jack and not an OS problem. Help!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you tried the good old battery pull?

Twutoes no está en línea Stack level 1
    I thought I was the only 1 wit this lil predicament. It happend to me on my 8320 and 9700. But on my 9700 I jst kept making calls for instance voicemail and if u leave the headphones in the press ur menu button and physically activate headst (I thnk). Then remove the headphones. It didn't work the 1st few times but I'm too lazy to take it bak or even ask 4 help so I jst kept to doing that and kinda puttin it in and either pulling it out real fast then slow. Lol. Yea sound kimda kinky. But 4real. Eventually if. Werked. Good luck hope it helped

Battery pull was the first thing I tried. Didn't work. Ok I just kept plugging headphones in and out like 20 times. Now its working. Is this some kind of defect? Does anyone know if RIM is aware of this issue? This is going to be irritating in the future.

Twutoes no está en línea Stack level 1
    Lol good chit. Well I knw its not jst the 9700 cuz samethng happend on my 8320.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Definitely sounds like a hardware issue. I'd say a short in the headset jack. I'd take the device back to your carrier.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i had that happened before- i tried everything, battery pull- tried 2 different os and nothing- i called tmobile and got an exchange
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Well, am with at&t, they could care less about their costumers. Even if they did exchange it, will they do it if my 9z00 has a couple of scratches on the chrome part? Or will I get a refurb?

A lot of it is going to depend on the age of the device and whether or not it's still under warranty. Do you have insurance?

No insurance. 3 and a half months old. Its working now. Am afraid to use headphones and have to deal with this problem again.

Well, it's worth taking a trip to an AT&T corporate store and see what they have to say about it. From what it sounds like, it would be hard for Customer Service to claim you abused the device in any way, but I'm sure they'll try. :smile:

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The device carries a 1 year warranty from RIM. They have no choice, but to honor it. They'll send it off for repair or swap, but you'll be without a device for a while.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

That sucks. That means I have to wipe it first and start over again. Even if I don't get a replacement, I'll still have to wipe it.

Just take your laptop to the store with you, if you have one. That's what I did. Did the Switch Device Wizard right there in the store.

At the very least, do a backup of your data and 3rd party apps. You can use BBSAK to do both.

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twutoes View Post
    I thought I was the only 1 wit this lil predicament. It happend to me on my 8320 and 9700. But on my 9700 I jst kept making calls for instance voicemail and if u leave the headphones in the press ur menu button and physically activate headst (I thnk). Then remove the headphones. It didn't work the 1st few times but I'm too lazy to take it bak or even ask 4 help so I jst kept to doing that and kinda puttin it in and either pulling it out real fast then slow. Lol. Yea sound kimda kinky. But 4real. Eventually if. Werked. Good luck hope it helped
    definitely a hardware issue. I have the same problem once in a while too. I keep a headphone jack at work, in my car and at home to "repair" the issue.

Once it starts switching between modes, I stick the headphone jack back in and pull it out slowly and that usually fixes the problem. Such a pain, but I am ok dealing with it for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast