Help. I'm pondering whether or not to return my 9700 I purchased last week because ... BlackBerry Bold forum

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

9700 Green phone key issue

Advertisement

Help. I'm pondering whether or not to return my 9700 I purchased last week because my green phone key feels mushy and lacks the feedback you get from the red phone/power off button. I would expect them to feel exactly the same.

Wanted to see if anyone else's green phone key on your 9700 feels different from their red key. Can't determine if it is by design or a flaw. If it is flaw, I want to return the phone because it will irritate me.

I appreciate your feedback.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i had the same impression back in Nov when i got mine... id include the send, end, bb, and back buttons though... not just send button. i kept mine though. buttons felt the same on all warranty replacements ive had since then. they squeak, feel cheap like the plastic side rails, but function...
    I'm a born again Androider

KISStian no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I don't have an issue with the phone key, or any other for that matter, on my current phone. However, when I first got my 9700 the end key didn't work. After putting all of my weight into that key, it still wouldn't work. I returned the phone and got a replacement. The replacement worked better, but the 's' key needed to be pressed noticeably harder than all other keys. After so many emails and calls I made that were missing esses and fours like crazy, I decided another return was in order. Thinking the phones may have come from a bad batch, I returned the phone to another location. The third 9700 I have owned works great and I have had no issues with it.

Wanted to see if anyone else's green phone key on your 9700 feels different from their red key. Can't determine if it is by design or a flaw. If it is flaw, I want to return the phone because it will irritate me.

I appreciate your feedback.[/QUOTE]

clintro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2162CC11
    Mine works absolutely great....no issues

I would suggest a warranty replacement in the first 14 days if you can!!

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    if you have an att 9700, youve got 30 days to swap for a new in box at the store, then its a warranty issue with refurbs from either an att repair store, or through their mail warranty dept. if you need the direct line for att warranty swap, lemme know.
    I'm a born again Androider

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm with TMO.

Thanks! I taking it back tomorrow. I've only had it for 5 days. Bold 9700 take three! (first one-letter "T" did not work)

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Take 5 is on backorder...