Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Originally Posted by kidblue About 15-20% of the time, my phone will not ring or ... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #16
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by kidblue View Post
    About 15-20% of the time, my phone will not ring or alert with exception to the LED (which will). A couple times I've actually noticed calls coming in as if it were on silent (screen lights up) and one email will result in audible alert while the next won't (within minutes of each other). I even noticed rings that came-and-went within a split second - Started to ring, but stopped.

    It's happening totally independently - The phone will be on the desk or in my pocket and will simply not ring - I'll have a missed call or a blinking L.E.D. to tell me that something is waiting...

    Thoughts?
    Really a mind boggler, no thoughts except to suggest to try again with Profile settings, one by one. It can be a bit confusing; and be careful with sound level choice. You might have some profiles on silent...Good luck !

  2. #17
    anfrey's Avatar
    anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    Posts
    895
    i keep losing my alert settings for socialscope and beejive. i'll set my alert tone, volume, vibration, etc. and it'll stick for a little bit.. but eventually they all reset to the default "notifier_crystal" on silent.

  3. #18
    tkaufm5050's Avatar
    tkaufm5050 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    Anybody having this problem with the media player?
    I no longer use an ipod, I can do it all with the BB music player. I put the player on shuffle songs, If I change the volume with the buttons on the side, it changes the song. My pearl did it and now my 9700 still does it.Anybody else? or solutions?
    Thanks,
    Going from an 8100 to a 9700 is a awesome leap. Get one you will say "WOW" for a couple of days.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Your holding the up or down button down too long. That's the way its designed. If you hold it down for a brief second it will skip to the next song or go to the previous one. Depends on up or down. Nothing unusual there. That is a big leap! Cool man, how are you liking the full keyboard.

  5. #20
    tkaufm5050's Avatar
    tkaufm5050 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    My big fat thumbs are getting adjusted, I find myself going in to stores just to edocrab. I hope that app takes off!

  6. #21
    tkaufm5050's Avatar
    tkaufm5050 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    and thanks for the help

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Yea man, NP

  8. #23
    anfrey's Avatar
    anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaufm5050 View Post
    My big fat thumbs are getting adjusted, I find myself going in to stores just to edocrab. I hope that app takes off!
    maybe i'm a bit slow, but i just realized that edocrab is barcode backwards.

  9. #24
    kidblue's Avatar
    kidblue no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Really a mind boggler, no thoughts except to suggest to try again with Profile settings, one by one. It can be a bit confusing; and be careful with sound level choice. You might have some profiles on silent...Good luck !
    This one continues to be an issue. I did a total download and reinstall of carrier OS via Mac Desktop Manager. I'm also using only RIM-sanctioned applications, like Facebook and Google. I can't even remotely consider where this is coming from - Obviously, I've been through all my profiles. The real kicker is that is it completely random - One message will come through on silent while the next gives me appropriate notifications - One call will ring while the next just gets a red L.E.D. and the "silent" screen.

    Thoughts?

  10. #25
    adam917's Avatar
    adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by kidblue View Post
    About 15-20% of the time, my phone will not ring or alert with exception to the LED (which will). A couple times I've actually noticed calls coming in as if it were on silent (screen lights up) and one email will result in audible alert while the next won't (within minutes of each other). I even noticed rings that came-and-went within a split second - Started to ring, but stopped.

    It's happening totally independently - The phone will be on the desk or in my pocket and will simply not ring - I'll have a missed call or a blinking L.E.D. to tell me that something is waiting...

    Thoughts?
    I think I'm having this problem. A couple times a week, I would notice that calls came in but the phone did nothing (it should vibrate and display the call on screen during ringing), then I see that I missed a call (when holding & the 9700 in 3G coverage)! Then, I find that prerssing the red 'hang up'/'power off' button sends me straight to the call log with a small beep in the speaker (as if I had just HUNG UP on someone, yet I wasn't connected to anyone). It gets worse: the next time I try to call someone, it won't call, saying 'call in progress/already connected'/similar. So the OS is assuming I'm in a call when I'm not. My only solution so far has been a reboot (I use Alt+Right Shift+del).

    Has anyone else noticed this?

  11. #26
    kidblue's Avatar
    kidblue no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21
    At this point, I'm going to see what the situation is after a brand new SIM card and a brand new device...

  12. #27
    c-los25's Avatar
    c-los25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    23
    The only issue i seem to be having is that whenever I use bbm for awhile it will eventually not deliver my messages. I usually have to do a battery pull and then it works fine. I did have problems when I first got it after I transferred everything off my 8310 but then I just reinstalled all my apps that seemed to work with the 9700 and that seemed to fix the phone from freezing up.

  13. #28
    jjames42's Avatar
    jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    90
    Only real issue I've had is with certain attachments causing the trackpad to go NUTS. If I delete the email that has the attachment, trackpad is fine.

  14. #29
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Quote Originally Posted by jjames42 View Post
    Only real issue I've had is with certain attachments causing the trackpad to go NUTS. If I delete the email that has the attachment, trackpad is fine.
    Had that one too... I opened in Docs to Go and worked fine. Lots of these bugs are taken care of in the OS upgrades coming out. There is a separate thread dealing with this .

  15. #30
    SeRViiCiiO's Avatar
    SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,119
    when im watching a video and i go and turn the volume up or down the right side of my screen gets all weird and distorted... is anyone having the same issue? should i be worried?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted


    [Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •