Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This thread is to divulge some glitches and bugs that are affecting MY 9700. Nothing ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Lightbulb 9700 GLITCHES and BUGS !

Advertisement

This thread is to divulge some glitches and bugs that are affecting MY 9700.

Nothing to do with the hardware, and everything to do with the OS or with some programs.
    The purpose is to identify similar problems, and to look for solutions, here at Pinstack.

1. Blackberry Application World:

Everytime I delete a program I no longer want (and originally downloaded on BB App World) it archives it - we all know this. The problem is when we definitely delete it from the archive. BB APP WORLD also disappears - it self deletes (if I may say this) and the only option left is to download BB App World again and reinstall.

2. Deleting Call Logs:

Normal procedure I do: press Shift key and maintain pressed and select all the entries and then press delete.
    It deletes yes, but not all, and in some cases only one entry. After about three or four attempts it works.
    Why ?

3. SMS and Mail

From the Call Log if you select a name or phone no. and choose to compose a sms or mail it should go directly into compose program and you start writing, right ? Nope, no ways ! It opens a new window for you to insert an address or phone number. If it´s a number from your Call Log, and this number is not in your phonebook, you have to switch application, access call log, copy the number and then go back to the message, paste, and you´re away...pheeww ! What an exercise !
    Why ?

I must add that I´ve never had the necessity to do a battery pull to restore functions on the 9700 and definitely never a hard reset, This attests well to the solidity of the OS version 5.0 (in my case .321)

I felt I had to let you guys know. I am sure other buddies have had other problems as well.

Pinstack is the right forum to present them and to find solutions !

Go for it !
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-04-2009 at 07:54 AM.

mmcpher no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2013818F

9700 5.0.0.296

Same nits that you've encountered. With the App World archiving, when one of your programs has a new update and needs to delete the old, the presence of the archive may mess up the new installation, so its not always going to be something you can ignore without further annoyance.

I've had some intermittent problems sending SMS's to a certain number, in that it keeps sending dozens of copies. I don't know it until I hear back from the aggrieved recipient. It could be a problem on their end (they have some LG Touch phone), but it never happened when I SMS'ed from my Bold 9000 to their same LG phone.

But the build has been good enough, particularly on battery life, that I haven't been tempted to upgrade to another carrier's more recent OS build, no less a leaked beta.

The camera works well in the way that it frames and focuses on the screen, but the resulting pics are too dark and too blurry.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    On such a good BB it's annoying.
    We will have to wait for some fix on all this, or another OS ...
    The sms you repatedly and unknowingly sent - I hope there was no cost to you. I'd be going mad by now...

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    ive had the same issues plus this one

i would have my phone holstered and i get a message i would take the phone out of the holster and ussually it opens up the message nope it just shows all my mms and emails and i go to click and open the message it wont let me i have to compose a new message to that person so it will show me the conversations of messages we have been having i love this phone tho cant wait for os upgrades.

P.S.

I was wondering why my app world kept dissappearing haha thank you

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The app world thing, update to the new version,thanks e. And for the rest, I'm on .371 and have none of those issues other than the sms not showing the contacts name after a reboot. I hear .405 has solved that last one but I haven't loaded it yet to see first hand.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks BHP77 - I'm a liitle weary of installing a new OS 'cause this one I have is very stable. And with the small bugs I can still live with; just need a bit of bug spray once in a while. But sooner or later I'm going to take the plunge.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have had the same issue with the mms sms sending multiple copies...also sometimes when I go to select a conversation in sms or BBM it won't let me get into the conversation...I have to go and open another conversation, X out of it and then go back to the conversation I couldn't get into in order to open it

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Had that issue also on .330, not there with .371 I know. Can't remember on .351 but I don't think so. These are OS issues.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Had that issue also on .330, not there with .371 I know. Can't remember on .351 but I don't think so. These are OS issues.
    I'm sure there are guys working on it already...it won't be long before a new OS will appear for download on DM. I 'll rather wait for this, than experiment...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Man, if your waiting for a carrier to release a new one you're in for a long wait. Considering that this device has the best out of the box OS of any BB that I've owned or used I think it will be considerably longer. Besides they released your os with the bugs you're experiencing. Upgrade to at least .371. This is the best and fastest one yet, though I haven't loaded .405, I hear that one fixes the sms-contact issue.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Surely 405 fixes the smas issue, and a lot more.... So far I like it

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Are these AT&T released OS' you are all talking about or TMobile?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Beta leaks.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BHP77 pls send download address so I can take the plunge then.
    Nevermind -I've just seen your thread !
    Cheers !
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-05-2009 at 06:40 PM.

kidblue no está en línea Stack level 2
    About 15-20% of the time, my phone will not ring or alert with exception to the LED (which will). A couple times I've actually noticed calls coming in as if it were on silent (screen lights up) and one email will result in audible alert while the next won't (within minutes of each other). I even noticed rings that came-and-went within a split second - Started to ring, but stopped.

It's happening totally independently - The phone will be on the desk or in my pocket and will simply not ring - I'll have a missed call or a blinking L.E.D. to tell me that something is waiting...

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast