So i know that there are issues when you run oout of memory your text ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

9700 Contacts all erased???

Advertisement

So i know that there are issues when you run oout of memory your text messages get deleted. But if i have them saved to memory card if my phone gets too full with apps will it delete my contacts? They were all deleted and idk why

9700 has a lot of memory (relatively speaking) so I'm surprised you are having this problem - - you must be using a lot of applications! :-)

I've never heard of contacts being deleted when memory runs out, but you never know in this crazy BlackBerry world . . .

Go to your Media area, and open Options. Set "Device Memory Limit" to 5mb. Open your Camera application and your Video application, and make sure they are set to save pictures and videos to your microSD. Then go to Applications from the Options icon on the home screen, and look through your installed 3rd party applications and delete the ones you don't need or use. Then finally, open Desktop Manager and restore your last backup. (You are doing backups, right? Right?!? - -)

Oh, yeah - Additionally, move any pictures/videos/music/ringtones from device memory to microSD . . . .

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Mark is correct that it will not erase your contacts due to being low on memory. You really would have to have a lot of apps installed to run out of storage space. The device would delete email/sms messages to make room, but not your contact list. If all of your contacts were deleted, it sounds like a bug in the address book database. Not something you would regularly see happen. Do as Mark said and you should be fine.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

moembamba no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    LISTEN TO THEM , THEY ARE RIGHT . DO A BACK UP ALWAYS SAVED MY BEHIND

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

ok thanks

Awesome thank you very much for your help what did the first part of your instructions do tho?

I did everything but restore my last back up your right tho i have not thought of that to get my contacts back.. now if i restore will it take out my current applications?

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    Awesome thank you very much for your help what did the first part of your instructions do tho?
    It reduces the amount of device memory reserved for pictures, music, etc , which in turn leaves more memory for applications.
    I did everything but restore my last back up your right tho i have not thought of that to get my contacts back.. now if i restore will it take out my current applications?
    No. Your aps will be fine

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    how many apps do you have? i have a good 15 and im always above 95mb of memory-
    Was someone playing with your phone and accidentally erased all your contacts? i know lack of memory will erased emails and txt but i have never heard of contacts being erased
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    Lol, sounds like something my ex would do , lock ur phone .I had 3 failed password attempts and a"I didn't touch ur phone baby"

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    ^^ jaja-- i think that was one of the reasons i started lcoking my phone- i always caught my ex looking thru my #'s or txt
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    Lol, Noobs

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    Check the filter for your contacts, you might be filtering to a list you have no contacts in

Quote Originally Posted by frisco49ers View Post
    Check the filter for your contacts, you might be filtering to a list you have no contacts in
    Good suggestion frisco49ers -