Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow so many questions but +1 on all of them, any pics?... BlackBerry Bold forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Wow so many questions but +1 on all of them, any pics?

mmcpher no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2013818F

Intense Jealous Hatred

I am really envious on this one and can't hardly wait to us rubes get a chance to get one! Thanks for the early blow-by-blow. Surprised to hear of your impression on the speaker, as I had read earlier reviews which suggested speaker quality was one of the few elements that were better in the Bold 1. How about the camera?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Pics...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Fotos dude, fotos!!! no spanish? Pics!!!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    +1 fotos please
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Fotos dude, fotos!!! no spanish? Pics!!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good for you...! Give me your address so I can go snatch it !
    I am sure it's a great BB - congrats and good luck !

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wow so many questions but +1 on all of them, any pics?
    Pictures are in the URL in the new thread named PICTURES OF BOLD IN THE WILD!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    How's the battery life?
    Is the os "buggy" or lagging?
    How is the browser?

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Good for you...! Give me your address so I can go snatch it !
    I am sure it's a great BB - congrats and good luck !
    You, Sir, would be attacked by the guard cat! <vbg>

Thanks
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by walkiniceberg View Post
    How's the battery life?
    Is the os "buggy" or lagging?
    How is the browser?
    WIll know more about the battery life today as I really used it near constantly doing the maint required to make it "home"

I updated to the latest leaked OS and it does not seem buggy what so ever. I do have a program called net_rim_tmo_enabler running in the background that I would like to get rid of.

Browser, I hate to not be able to judge as I am not a browser person. It works well for me on bringing up my NexRad moving radar and banking but I am not Browser expert. I can tell you that the track pad makes a WORLD of difference as it moves the cursor predictably like it should, unlike the ball where at times it hardly moved the cursor and then would send it flying across the page.

I will say it again the trackpad is the single most improved part of the 9700 for me, simply a joy to use after changing the horiz and vert sensitivity from 70 to 50. Tooks a few minutes to get used to but after that is so natural and easy to use! This improvement was long over due!

I do not want to do too much to theis device as I will be selling it when I get the AT&T unit on the 11th
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcpher View Post
    I am really envious on this one and can't hardly wait to us rubes get a chance to get one! Thanks for the early blow-by-blow. Surprised to hear of your impression on the speaker, as I had read earlier reviews which suggested speaker quality was one of the few elements that were better in the Bold 1. How about the camera?
    Well I guess the speaker sound isin the ear of the beholder but mine sure sounds a bit richer than the Bold 1 and I am a big time user of speaker phone at my desk. The "Gong" sound I use for alerts is now "royal"!

The camera images are really good. Not only becasue of the higher resolution but the damn this focuses! (lol)

It might delay the point the image is taken while it locks focus but WOW is it worth it! For those who love to use the camera it would be the 2nd best improvement over the Bold 1. Did I say I liked the track pad? <vbg>
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Congrats! How do you like the rubber type buttons?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    While the Bold 2 is smaller than the Bold 1, the keyboard does not feel that much smaller. There is a nice clean click with zero flex on this one. I have used many different RIM devices and it only took seconds to transition brom one Bold to another. As far as the keys being rubber? They feel the same as the Bold 1 with simular contour on the faces of the keys. I have large hands and was a little scared about going to a smaller device but it truely feels like somewhere between the Curve and Bold 1 in size.

The 8900 key board is 2 and 1/8" wide from the outside edges of Q and P. The 8900 also has space between the keys making the keys smaller.

The 9700 keyboard is 2 and 1/4" wide from the outside edges of Q and P. The is NO space between the keys making the keys not only larger but on a larger keyboard field. This would explain why they keyboard feels larger than the Curve and closer to the Bold1.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 10-15-2009 at 08:57 AM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    You, Sir, would be attacked by the guard cat! <vbg>

Thanks
    ...No worry! I walk well heeled ! I take my wind-up dog everywhere!

syclone1978 no está en línea Stack level 2

APP problems with OS?

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    While the Bold 2 is smaller than the Bold 1, the keyboard does not feel that much smaller. There is a nice clean click with zero flex on this one. I have used many different RIM devices and it only took seconds to transition brom one Bold to another. As far as the keys being rubber? They feel the same as the Bold 1 with simular contour on the faces of the keys. I have large hands and was a little scared about going to a smaller device but it truely feels like somewhere between the Curve and Bold 1 in size.

The 8900 key board is 2 and 1/8" wide from the outside edges of Q and P. The 8900 also has space between the keys making the keys smaller.

The 9700 keyboard is 2 and 1/4" wide from the outside edges of Q and P. The is NO space between the keys making the keys not only larger but on a larger keyboard field. This would explain why they keyboard feels larger than the Curve and closer to the Bold1.

Lucky SOB!!

Have you had any problems with your previous Bold apps working or not working on Bold 2 because of the newer OS? I tried a 5.0 beta and most my apps would not work on it so I went back to 4.6. Just curious because it would suck to upgrade to the sweet Bold but lose alot of apps over it.

Thanks for your input!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast