ok i baught an at&t branded blackberry bold. i got it off ebay. i get ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

9000 problem... help please. knowledgable answers

Advertisement

ok i baught an at&t branded blackberry bold. i got it off ebay. i get it... no email setup option anywhere. it tells me the pin is suspended.. everything else works great... the web browsing amazing. sms mms phone... no email no blackberry messanger...

my questions are
    1. does anyone know if cause the pin is suspended that once the bold is actually released that they will free up the pin?

2. this is at&t branded and i did the research it has the latest os installed and has all the att stuff inside. like media mall, ptt, xm radio, yatta yatta so i know its not pre production unit.

3. does anyone know a way to un-suspend the pin? or if its possible

what the point in a blackberry that cant use email and blackberry messanger on..... any help or info is greatly appreciated...
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Red Flags would've went up for me when it was an AT&T Branded Bold on Ebay. And because AT&T haven't offerred any for Sale, that may be one that Fell of the back of a Truck (with a Serial Number) that has since been Zapped. And the chances of it being reinstated are slim to none...
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 08-12-2008 at 08:02 PM.

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E
    that would suck if what djsmooth says is true hope you didnt spend to much on it...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its not about how much I spent. I emailed the other 3 buyers he had 4 available. 2 said there having the same problem stating they knew the pin would be suspended untill att releases on the buisness premiere which is alledgedley on the 20th of this month. The other one didn't respond yet. But one email I got the guy was very knowledgable about bb and the bold and stated the models shipped are training models to send to stores and the guy must of got a hold of them and he (the other guy who won one of the bold) told me the pin will be suspended but he's "certain" it will be available once att releases through buisness chanels so I guess its a waiting game. The seller however has said to me that if the pin and email doesn't work by augest 20th he will refund me the money - shipping and I can still keep the phone. So I guess he's pretty sure. And his feedback is flawless. I can't see it being stolen or him lying but well see

fredyoon no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Bold

Nicky,
    I also purchased an AT&T branded Bold off of eBay, got it this morning, and had the same problem only I couldn't set up email or go onto the web browser. Logged onto the AT&T BIS website to register the PIN and IMEI number and the PIN is blocked.
    The seller said that his friend from RIM that the PIN should be activated on August 19th, and I told him that there is no evidence that AT&T would be releasing the Bold next week.
    I sent it back to him this afternoon, and he refunded the full price (including shipping both ways).
    There is no way for you to enable the PIN unless RIM does it and who knows when AT&T will release the Bold.
    Good luck.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pm me the sellers name your purchsed it from.. Its got to be the same guy.. I'm debatting if I should send it back to him or wait it out till the 19th... I got the same email..

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried calling RIM? I know at least some providers will connect you with RIM support if they cannot resolve your issue. RIM probably won't have a problem if they know you bought it legitimately on eBay. I don't know if they would do anything about it, but maybe they can tell you for sure when/if it will be active.

BlackBerry Bold

Nicky,

Seller is oe-design.

Good luck.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    anyone have the best number to call to rim support without going through att? you can pm it to me....

fred; what exactly did he say and how did the refund take place? he sent you the full refund and you sent him the phone back?? im inlove with this phone. it hurts to the core to send it back... give me the low down... im in a debacle.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Basically, the purchase price plus US$ 50 for overnight shipping to me, and then another US$ 24 for me to ship it back to him today.

He told me through countless emails that his supplier didn't tell him that the PINs were disabled and blocked and he had no knowledge of it, which is bull.

He asked me to wait 1 week because according to his friend at RIM, the PIN should be working on the 19th. I told him that Rogers may be releasing their version on the 19th, but there is no concrete evidence that AT&T will release theirs, and rather than wait it out, I told him that I would send it back and he said as soon as I emailed him the tracking number, he would refund.

I also opened up a dispute with PayPal so that he can't withdraw any funds from his PayPal account.

As soon as he got home tonight, he refunded me everything including the shipping fees.

Good luck.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    The att curve worked fine on tmo before tmo released them. So I'm not sure about the idea the pin will work when att releases it.
    I believe others have bolds with the PINs working - some that have been reviewed, but I could be wrong.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    hes refunding me half and im keeeping the phone. better then nothing. i spoke to someone at rim and they did indeed tell me that once it is released on at&t network that the pin will be released. i didnt tell him that but i feel better knowing im getting half my money back and that the phone will infact work on at&t once it is released they take the suspension off all the bolds in the us markets.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    PINs are blocked for a reason that is usually due to theft and having it be reported that way.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Should of just waited for ATT to drop it.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    hes refunding me half and im keeeping the phone. better then nothing. i spoke to someone at rim and they did indeed tell me that once it is released on at&t network that the pin will be released. i didnt tell him that but i feel better knowing im getting half my money back and that the phone will infact work on at&t once it is released they take the suspension off all the bolds in the us markets.
    Nicky, that all depends on when AT&T will release the Bold. You may be holding onto that device for quite sometime a few weeks, with speculation that the AT&T version will be released in September.

Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks