Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, we've all seen the pics and the videos........ WHAT HAPPENED TO TOUCH SCREEN? what ... BlackBerry Bold forum

maximinus058 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    240bc45e

Thumbs down 9000 Imo

Advertisement

Ok, we've all seen the pics and the videos........

WHAT HAPPENED TO TOUCH SCREEN?
    what happened to the iphone killer...

From what I can see, its just a cheap knockoff of the lousy Verizon OS, and a combo of the Curve and 8800 chasis.

I'm extreamly dissapointed thus far... Maybe its my own fault for having more faith in a new device that was supposed to knock our socks off.. granted the 4.5 os has a number of very nice features, but i'm not impressed.....

Dont get me wrong, i've been preaching blackberry since my first unit 3 yrs ago.. so the last thing i am is a hater, i'm just dissapointed.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't care either way, I had no desire to buy the 9k when it/if it ever becomes available, I plan to get the 8330 for US Cellular when it comes out this month and I think I will be satisfied for a long time.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by maximinus058 View Post
    I'm extreamly dissapointed thus far... Maybe its my own fault for having more faith in a new device that was supposed to knock our socks off.. but i'm not impressed.....

Dont get me wrong, i've been preaching blackberry since my first unit 3 yrs ago.. so the last thing i am is a hater, i'm just dissapointed.
    --------
    I believe I'm on point with you, as my take on it mirrors yours. Months ago I decided to reduce my expectations, even though at that point I had no reason to be skeptical. However when one takes into consideration the stellar designs & BB functionality thus far, that is something that is a track record that is difficult to maintain.

I'm not offering excuses for RIM or justifying this less than thrilling model, just expressing my thoughts. However the number of people that feel the way that you & I do, seems to be a large number of people that not only use BlackBerrys, but like us are huge BB advocates. This is very forboding, and the timing could not be worse. The Buzz that surrounds the iPhone (which seems to overpower the truth about how poor it is) continues to prevail, at least it's grabbing a lot of press.

On the other hand we have the excellent BB platform & lineup of handsets that perform, yet nonetheless the only way for RIM to battle the iPhone hype is to release a new model which performs in such a superior way that it speaks for itself in a big way.

A New BlackBerry model that truly blows away the competition. And one that will arrive sooner rather than later. I must admit I'm getting more than just a little concerned. The is no substitute for speed of implementation, if your out there(RIM) observing this, now's the time to deliver without further delay. Time is slipping away.

Your loyal user base is waiting.......

via RedBerry *8310*

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I totally agree, [not hating on bb] but they do need to get with the program.... imho
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    240bc45e
    I'm glad that i'm not the only one to "see the light here"... With the Iphones comming release of the new OS, enterprise push contacts, calandar and email, RIM will need to step it up. No longer can we just laught at the palm and windows mobile, with the iphone now appealing to the corporate enviornment, their going to give RIM a run for their money..

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    I sorta agree....they should've just gave the 9xxx series a rebadge....maybe a revised version of the 83xx cause that is what it looks like to me, just more refined and sleeker. I could care less if it were touch screen or not but if they want to keep with iPhone and their "touch screen" interface they might have to make the jump. Then again RIM never went wrong sticking their keyboard setup, we will have to wait and see I guess. I would not buy it also, especially if it has the same features as my 8320....to me all it seems to be now is a sexier Curve, exterior wise....
    Last edited by silviajdm; 04-04-2008 at 12:12 PM.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    copy that silviajdm i couldnt agree i dig my curve crimson 8310 and the gps hands down is a iphone kill rim just need to get with te OS game and step and i think more would be satisfied

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3
    k...I am intermediate BB user....that being said I cant wait to get my hand on the BB 9k
    If someone could enlighten me as to what they improved (3G? memory? new apps? Wifi? GPS?) I would probably be even more excited.
    not to knock everyone's opinion, but there is only so much BB or Apple can do to make a next generation phone "blow people away" For starters, the BB is always going to have a rectangle type shape, probably get thinner in time. Maybe the will shave of a few millimeters in years to come. Other that that, there is not much more to do.
    Apple is in the same boat.
    My other point, and no disrespect to Apple (I own a mac) but I hate the Ipone. If your actually compared the capability of the BB to the iphone, the BB would blow it away (I'm talking downloads, to 3rd party downloads, to funky themes, to GPS, better email infrastructure) where as with the Iphone, you cant change batteriers, or download themes, or anything (just music, and that can go on the BB) you become part of the apple monoply.
    Now I know everyone is facinated with the touch screen, but I say "not such a big deal"….besides, have you ever tried to type on the ipone vs, the BB, 100 x's better on the the BB…..no compareson…
    Come on guys…give BB a chance

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    ill give them a chance when i see a well improved browser on the next OS(4.3/4.5) release.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think everyone is missing some stuff. Granted the device looks could be improved. But if this is released with what is rumored to have 624mhz processor which is double the size of what we all have. Wifi gps hsdpa ( 3.5g) I'm going to be all over this. I honestly wouldn't care what it looked like. And also rummored to have a 480x320 screen resolution... To me all this stuff would be what I call a god berry. And everyone compares it to the iPhone. Blackberry has been around b4 there was even an iPod. There going to break into the corporate market? I challenge anyone for anything who is a heavy email and texter and uses an iPhone to get what I get done with my blackberry. Its two different worlds. Two different types of people. But I promise you will not see 35-65 year old buisness men throwing away there blackberry for an iPhone. To be honest most buisness type people corporate users are on 8700s or older and don't even know about the newer models. I see it everyday. And I show them my curve or my 8820 or my 8120 and there mind boggled. I guess what I'm trying to say is blackberry for life rep it LOL
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

word up! like cherry coke..."tell me whats the word!!!" I know what you're saying....

The I phone is a great product for those who prefer the simple phone with everything in a one screen infrastructure the BB is a catered more towards the complex IT user, meaning that you have to actually have to hit the track ball a few times to get to where you want. anyway.....they are both great products, but it apples and oranges, so we really cant put them in the same boat..

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    its bothersome to compare blackerry to iPhone. Pass it around. I own apple products. I have an itouch an I mac and yes I have used an iPhone for 13 days and returned it. LOL. 14 day return policy ha. The web browsing is beautiful. The screen beautifull. But as far as taking 20 seconds to click on contacts scrolll down to the one you want to call then if you hit the wrong one.... Its like a 5 step process to call someone where as in the bb dial there name. Emails take forever texting takes forever. And I don't know if anyone here has ever used microsoft exchange "push" email. Its more like fetch email. And in the corporate world these security reliable devices known as blackberrys are known and trusted I can't see a corporate world or a government having employees walking around with cameras and watching music videos and listening to music its a consumer device. And they may take the market on that but no way in corporate world its looked at as a toy. No offense to apple lovers. I love there computers and itouches just the iPhone isn't and will never be for me
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    240bc45e
    Being a IT pro in corporate america i'm watching the blackberry slowly take a back seat to the iphone, watching blackberry after blackberry being replaced. Granted the improvements in 4.5 and the new devices will be leaps and bounds compared to what we've been using. But with iphone OPEN sdk, the 3G version 2 model and email/contacts and calandar push, IMO at least rivals the current models as well as the 9000.
    The only thing that Apple could've done better wouldve been to incorporate blackberry push instead of active sync. But with the new version of active sync its pretty much the same.. 10-15 sec update to the device..
    Last edited by maximinus058; 04-05-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximinus058 View Post
    Being a IT pro in corporate america i'm watching the blackberry slowly take a back seat to the iphone, watching blackberry after blackberry being replaced. Granted the improvements in 4.5 and the new devices will be leaps and bounds compared to what we've been using. But with iphone OPEN sdk, the 3G version 2 model and email/contacts and calandar push, IMO at least rivals the current models as well as the 9000.
    The only thing that Apple could've done better wouldve been to incorporate blackberry push instead of active sync. But with the new version of active sync its pretty much the same.. 10-15 sec update to the device..
    I dont know much statistically, but if you say the iphone is is dominating, its like American idol, they vote for the most popular singer , not the best, i phone is a really cool IT product (and thats steve jobs pitch) no to go into philosophy but iphone knows how to get people to buy it.....its very attractive..i wil admit.
    I guess it comes down to each individuals preference.....for some the iphone is better for others the BB is better, its all a matter of opinion and personal preference...

if ones happy with one, then thats cool....

what ever floats each persons boat..but i will always be a BB dedicated loyalist....

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I like my Curve and seems it will have to last more than expected as I will most probably skip the 9000 series if this is the final design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast