Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just called the Official Blackberry store near my house. (Farmington Hills, MI) They told ... BlackBerry Bold forum

AMD313 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E6AC00

Question 9000 dead to Sprint

Advertisement

I just called the Official Blackberry store near my house. (Farmington Hills, MI) They told me that the 9000 will only be available to AT&T and T-Mobile users and that it will not come out for Sprint for a year, if ever. Anyone else hear this?

dhedrick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A6595F
    I haven't heard that, but I wouldn't be surprised about it taking a year - unfortunately for me, it will probably be the same for Verizon, as the phone would be CDMA - which seems to always lag for the BB.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I'm wrong & I'll see a CDMA Bold on Verizon shortly after the AT&T release, but I'm not holding my breath.
    ~ Dale

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I heard different, I heard that all 9000 models will be coming out for all carriers by the end of this year, bold, etc....
    Don't know how true it is.

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    it took sprint about a year to get the curve if i remember correctly, so that makes sense.

kinda sucks.

PIN/ID
    30E6AC00
    Well I called an Official Blackberry store... The only one there is I believe. So I sorda believe the guy when he tells me that it's not coming out. I am really disappointed now. I am even considering switching to AT&T.

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    I doubt some guy in a retail shop (at any level, flunky to management) would have any real information on RIM plans for a product line that hasn't been released yet. Take it with a grain of salt...

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Obviously we know about all the rumors on the release date of the Bold. I haven't heard of it taking a whole year though. I have heard it coming out July/August for Att and August for T mobile and in the fall for Sprint and VZW. The phone looks hot, but I'm not in any rush to switch carriers for this phone lol. I'm content with teh curve. And since I don't know many people with BB, I won't have any ATT users flaunting it around me lol.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    SPRINT & VERIZON r allready 3g EVDO is 3g not all cdma r
    att & tmobile r NOT
    thats why
    Mike

PIN/ID
    30E6AC00
    Quote Originally Posted by rathompson View Post
    I doubt some guy in a retail shop (at any level, flunky to management) would have any real information on RIM plans for a product line that hasn't been released yet. Take it with a grain of salt...

I'm sure that they've been told it's not coming out for Sprint. I bet they probably get tons of calls on it. It's not like it's a big secret or something.

PIN/ID
    30E6AC00

And it's not like it's just any retail shop. It's the offical Blackberry store.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Hey it might be true; sprint has always been last to get the latest blackberries.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I'd have to agree with AMD313 and others. RIM has supplied every model of their devices to both sides of the fence. Not like ignoring half of North America now would do them any favors either. Why would they stop providing their phones to Sprint and Verizon now? Especially when they are about to release their most anticipated device EVER! Seems like someone is still a little bitter about RIM's release schedule for CDMA vs. GSM (myself included). But I have read that it could be different this time around for the Bold but only time will tell with this one, so we'll see!

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    it would not come to sprint anyway because,
    BOLD W-CDMA,WIFI,GPS
    sprint already has curve 3g,they dont have WIFI and they have GPS,so the dont need the BOLD.
    Mike

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    It's the only official RIM/Blackberry Store. .Im pretty sure the guy knows what hes alking about

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ATT is 3G where I live.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast