Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by archer6 For clarification, these are both voice based services, 3G being faster ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For clarification, these are both voice based services, 3G being faster than EDGE, but the delivery method is the same, therefore there will be no increase in cost. Nor will you have to change your plan.
    They are also "backwards compatible" meaning that if you happen to drive out of a 3G coverage area, the phone will automatically switch to the slower EDGE until 3G becomes available again. I have personally experienced this with some of the "other" phones that I have.
    So besides enhanced voice quality that comes with the 3G experience, and the extra speed when accessing the internet, there is no extra charge....
    Veddy veddy good, very good, thanks.

Ok well, the 9000's on the list for things to pick up over the summer, definitely.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

FiddlerMD can you try going on www.gamebattles.com. This site is extremely slow when it comes to mobile and it doesn't load the way it's suppose to. Maybe the 9000 can handle it, but give it a try.

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu
    Does it come with software to stream audio or video?
    Yellowhammer

Wrkhorse2006 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know if this the place to post this, but can you transfer all your files(apps,games,etc..) to the new Bold or is it OS dependent?.

Arcenannie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F730AE
    OK, this sounds like a good start on a new BlackBerry... I am looking to upgrade and was looking at the options available... I was just compairing the 8800/8820 to the Curve when the 9000 popped up on the search. At first I was very sold for the rumor was the 9000 was "touch screen" and this would be a BIG sale to me, but alas, from reading this entire thread I am a bit at a loss for that feature being added. Although the "tempter" statement of "this being a feature on future releases" kind of have me going back to looking at the true specs and features of this "new" phone. I'm a Pearl user and a hardcore sell of any upgrade that can beat what my "mulehorse" can do for me with size and speed... I'll have to do more research before my final decision in the future.
    Speaking of a "touch screen..." do you think this is anywhere in the near future? I really miss the user friendly touch screen of my Palm...

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcenannie View Post
    OK, this sounds like a good start on a new BlackBerry... I am looking to upgrade and was looking at the options available... I was just compairing the 8800/8820 to the Curve when the 9000 popped up on the search. At first I was very sold for the rumor was the 9000 was "touch screen" and this would be a BIG sale to me, but alas, from reading this entire thread I am a bit at a loss for that feature being added. Although the "tempter" statement of "this being a feature on future releases" kind of have me going back to looking at the true specs and features of this "new" phone. I'm a Pearl user and a hardcore sell of any upgrade that can beat what my "mulehorse" can do for me with size and speed... I'll have to do more research before my final decision in the future.
    Speaking of a "touch screen..." do you think this is anywhere in the near future? I really miss the user friendly touch screen of my Palm...
    Blackberry Thunder is coming to Verison, it is a touch screen berry, no real date and time span for this, but this is a 9000 series berry. I was never a huge fan of plam devices, but they are okay to use, just really plain. I traded my pearl to my buddy for his palm 650 (I think the one with antena, not the round one) after two weeks we all waned our devices back, to each his own i guess, but i wouldnt mind seeing a touchscreen added, nothing special really but would be kinda nice!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    you lucky you know what you ....

whats the internal memory.....if you load a 3rd party app on the device does it look like the normal icons or do they stick out like a sore thumb.....have you been able to use the 3g......does it have the gps on the prototype...
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

ingrid2803 no está en línea Stack level 2

When and where

When and where can U buy the BB bold?
    Last edited by ingrid2803; 05-28-2008 at 01:50 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ingrid2803 View Post
    Hopefully next month if you're an AT&T subscriber, like me!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ingrid2803 View Post
    Coming very soon to an AT&T store near you & the rest of us too ....

via: Red BB 8310

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    OOOH GOD! salt in my eye brb
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

FiddlerMD no está en línea Device Pro
    sorry guys, have been neglecting this thread due to some vacation and such - i no longer have the prototype - someone else needed it for testing, so any questions that I havent already answered will have to wait. but you'll probably get your hands on the production unit before that happens

[waiting for the flip and the touch meanwhile .. will post as soon as i get my greedy hands on'em]

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am jealous! It would be nice to have built in GPS, WiFi, and a camera all in one!

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wi fi speed?

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    Got my prototype today, OMG what a killer of a phone. I will try and answer some questions posted here once I get to playing a little more with it.
    BlackBerry Bold
    OS v4.6.0.112