Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by walds11 I am a Pearl lover for the form factor, so not ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    I am a Pearl lover for the form factor, so not sure if I can make the jump to a larger device. The 9000 is cool though.
    ------
    I agree with you. The Pearl is very unique & quite an accomplishment. To pack everything into such a small form factor is an engineering triumph.

As hard as I tried to settle on just one BlackBerry, and while I slightly prefer the Curve due to my large hands, I still had to have a Pearl.

Whenever I'm away from work or doing a lot of writing, I use the Pearl and truly enjoy it.

via: Red BB 8310

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thanks for answering all the questions fiddler! its GREAT to know you are such a dedicated addict to both bb and pinstack that you would share all of this information! we all appreciate it!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Now, all we can do is wait for it to come out!!!

FiddlerMD no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    thanks for answering all the questions fiddler! its GREAT to know you are such a dedicated addict to both bb and pinstack that you would share all of this information! we all appreciate it!
    you're welcome - just sharing the wealth.... [ waiting for bb flip phone ] ....

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    moi aussi fiddler... moi aussi.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    OK, so I just got out of a meeting with a couple of RIM guys for my Company. During the meeting of course I had to ask........so what's up with the 9000?!? He's telling me all the goodies......3G, HVGA screen, streaming video, Wi-Fi (a,b,g), 3MP camera, and get this.......... 1.2 Gig of Internal memory!!!! HOLY #*&@!!!! This thing is gonna be a rocket ya'll. I'm just sayin'

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    OK, so I just got out of a meeting with a couple of RIM guys for my Company. During the meeting of course I had to ask........so what's up with the 9000?!? He's telling me all the goodies......3G, HVGA screen, streaming video, Wi-Fi (a,b,g), 3MP camera, and get this.......... 1.2 Gig of Internal memory!!!! HOLY #*&@!!!! This thing is gonna be a rocket ya'll. I'm just sayin'
    Hmmm that's funny because Kevin over at crackberry.com has the one he bought from Ebay and it's still hovering around 65-70MB. I doubt Rim just decided to pop in a GIGABYTE of memory at the last minute, his model is 99.9% probably the same model that will come out in stores.........and we all know sales reps don't know jack crap. Sad. the iphone has 16GB and the blackberry has 64MB.....And you're also incorrect on the camera, it's only a 2.0 megapixel camera as the carrier spec sheet obtained by BGR states. You need to tell that guy to stop talking to people about stuff he doesn't know anything about
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    joker,

I'm not saying you're wrong, but this wasn't a Sales Rep........he was a TAM for Research in Motion, down from Waterloo. We'll see though.....you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    joker,

I'm not saying you're wrong, but this wasn't a Sales Rep........he was a TAM for Research in Motion, down from Waterloo. We'll see though.....you're probably right.
    I hear you bro, to be honest I HOPE I am wrong, but I doubt it. RIM will have a lot of explaining to do as to why their new device has a kiddie-styled storage amount and their device is $400 more than the new 3G iphone.

FiddlerMD no está en línea Device Pro
    jglee - your sales guy either lied or just misrepresented or didnt understand the info given. the camera is 2mp, there is <100MB internal (maybe he was thinking microSD?), i also don't believe that WiFi a (5ghz) is there but not sure.. few people use that nowadays anyhow.
    i once went to an auto show and the reps on the floor were assuring me that the Infiniti G35 coupe will come in 4wd - i asked several times that they meant the coupe and not the sedan.. needless to say - 4 years later and still no 4wd coupe... so don't trust sales people all the time . not necessarily their fault of course, but it's their job to hype things up.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    honestly i dont think anyone outside of the blackberry addicts and forums even know what a bb9000 is. i have friends who have had bbs since 03 that dont even know what a curve is. and no im not kidding. there late 20s on there 8700s and i pull out my curve and there like wow.. did that just come out. im like ohh yeah about a year ago. welcome to the real world. lol... people that are in the "know" circle are on stacks. not your regular bb user. trust the trusted. um the guy that has the device. lol. that sales guy probably never even seen or touched a 9000. all i know is i want one and my offer still stands 28.3 million pesos cash. fiddler. thats like 283 bucks us. do you know what you can do with that money? where talking a tank of gas. and a meal. a cheap meal. but a meal. my offer stands strong. lolwes will be announcing the 9000 on the 15th so keep your ears posted. eyes tuned to pinstack
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Guys......like I was telling Joker, this was NOT a sales guy. It was one of my Technical Account Managers from RIM in Canada. Fortunately I don't have to deal with Sales guys.....that's someone else's job. Now I'm not saying that this guy couldn't be wrong, but I already have the BES and devices in my Org. so I don't see what he would have to gain by throwing out bad info. His job is to help us on the Tech. side.......he gets nothing from device sales. Like I said, maybe he's wrong or was given bad info. I was just merely trying to pass along the info. from what SHOULD be a pretty trustworthy resource. Anyway.......we'll see soon enough.

shanof3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by FiddlerMD View Post
    I'm currently playing w/ a prototype so whatever questions you may have, i'll be glad to look into it.
    I don't have a sim in it so can't confirm anything about wireless coverage and such, otherwise will try to answer any concerns you may have.
    Let me know

Hi I am very new to this website. I need help! I have had my phone for about a year, and the problem is when I downloaded my desktop manager to my computer in order to transfer pictures, I was no longer able to access my media net. The two icons that connect me to media net or internet ( little earths) are gone. I can no longer send or receive picture messages. This happened to me last year, on my old computer. Someone gave me a website to go to to automatically update my phone through the desktop manager. I lost that website. Now that I have a new computer, I forgot about how it did that. can you Help?

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    So.......guys, it seems my resource wasn't as far off on his specs as you thought huh? Check it out......straight off the front page of Crackberry.com

http://crackberry.com/

BlackBerry Bold Smartphone Features & Specs
    • Size - Length: 144mm, Width: 66mm, Thickness: 14mm
    • Weight (with battery) - 133g (same as the 88xx series. I can attest to it!)
    • Memory - 1GB on-board (storage) and 128 MB Flash (applications)
    • Battery - 1500mAhr lithium cell
    • Est. Battery Life - Standby: 13 days, Talk Time: 5 hours
    • Network Support - UMTS: 2100 / 1900 / 850MHz, GSM: 1900 / 1800 / 900 / 850 MHz, GPRS, EDGE and HDSPA networks
    • Wi-Fi - 803.11a/b/g enabled
    • Display - HVGA, 480 x 320 pixels, Transmissive TFT LCD, supports over 65k colors
    • Media Player, Video Support - DivX 4, Div X 5 & 6 are partially supported, XviD is partially supported, H.263, H.264 and WMV3
    • Media Player, Audio Support - .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
    • Media Player, Audio - BlackBerry Media Sync allows you to transfer your desktop iTunes music to your BlackBerry!!!
    • Camera - 2.0MP, 5 x digital zoom (with flash of course)
    • GPS - internal GPS with extended ephemeris, BB Maps is standard
    • Bluetooth - Bluetooth v2.0, all the normal stuff and Bluetooth Stereo Audio via A2DP and AVCRP
    • USB Port - Enables charging and high-speed data synchronizations via USB "A" to mini-USB "B" cable (I can personally say moving files back and forth is now lightning quick!)
    • Browser - HTML browsing, View Movies/Clips from websites built for mobile streaming, RSS feed support
    Last edited by jglee311; 05-11-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling (sorry)

LOL well your original post was "so...joker"> but you're right...I have no problem eating crow when I'm wrong, and you were right and I was wrong, it does in fact have 1GB of internal memory per multiple websites.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-11-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: removed quote

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast