Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know asking this sounds insanely premature given the 8800 hasnt even been released yet, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

9000 any peeks yet?

Advertisement

I know asking this sounds insanely premature given the 8800 hasnt even been released yet, however, I'm a new BB user who never new about this site and bought a 8703e through VZW two weeks ago (had to make a purchase my old phone crashed, LG). Anyway, had I been a stacker at the time and been aware of the 8800, I would have just bought some cheaper model to hold me over until the 8800 came out.

Therefore, I am interested in the 9000 series and kinda curious to see what it would look like. If the 8800 turns out to be a super stud, I might be convinced to sell my 8703e and get the 8800.

Any thoughts or advice from you BB vets?

Thanks

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: 9000 any peeks yet?

I am not a vet, but since I upgraded in Sept., I will hold off on the 8800 for the 9XXX series!!!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Since you are on VZW you made the right choice. VZW and Sprint (the CDMA carriers) tend to get phones at least a year or year and a half after they are released by Cingular, T-Mobile and all the other GSM/GPRS comanies. Verizon, in my area and it seems nationally in the US, easily has the best network coverage so I'll stick with my 8703e till around Fall 2008 when the 8800 with camera comes out on Verizon Wirelss.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I got the 8703e in December from Sprint and it rocks. I do like the extra features of the 8800 but, if they put V4.2 OS out for the 8703e I would definetly go for it and keep it for a while since I don't need it as an MP3 player. I do like the ability to store files and open them on the SD card but, most anything that I need I can download from the web anyway. I think the MP3 player would eat my battery up since I had to upgrate to the Seidko Extended Battery since I could not get a full day out of the standard battery. I will say the extended battery is great, I can get about 2-4 days of use out of it depending on what I am doing. It is well worth the $55 for it and shipping.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

The 8800 should be coming out in the 2nd quarter, about the begining of Summer. 2007

Anyway, the 9xxx series will have a built in laser so that I can make people disappear when I don't want to see them...This phone will be a military phone, and be made out of titanium, and some new materials, that make the phone bullet, bomb proof. And of course it will sport as the ever handy shoe horn.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by nikosia
    I know asking this sounds insanely premature given the 8800 hasnt even been released yet, however, I'm a new BB user who never new about this site and bought a 8703e through VZW two weeks ago (had to make a purchase my old phone crashed, LG).
    Oof... You've got a good wait (being on Verizon) no matter which one you decide to go with. Also, no telling what Verizon will decide to disable. How's that built-in GPS?

Quote Originally Posted by nikosia
    Any thoughts or advice from you BB vets?
    If you're antsy for the latest Blackberries, switch to a GSM carrier.

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. This phone is great except for the disabled GPS it really eerrks me that VZW would disable such a usefull application

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~boomboom. I would love to see a 2Q2007 8800, but if Cingular has a six-month exclusive on the 8800, I won't bet that Verizon will have it by June (four months away) --before the GSM carriers.

I would love to be proven wrong but the only Blackberry I'm aware of that Verizon got first was the 7130e...which was actually a year after all the GSM carriers got the 7100. Oh, and the 7130e is just a 7100 with a faster processor so in my book they still got it a year after the GSMs. I really want to be wrong on this prediction and have a (noncrippled) VZW 8800 in my hands in the 2nd quarter of 2007.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nikosia. I agree that if you want the latest Blackberries switch to a GSM carrier. In my area however the question is more like if you want a phone that connects without issue then get Verizon and drool over everyone else's cool new Blackberries that can't get a signal.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    I would love to be proven wrong but the only Blackberry I'm aware of that Verizon got first was the 7130e...which was actually a year after all the GSM carriers got the 7100. Oh, and the 7130e is just a 7100 with a faster processor so in my book they still got it a year after the GSMs. I really want to be wrong on this prediction and have a (noncrippled) VZW 8800 in my hands in the 2nd quarter of 2007.
    Double memory on 7130e....
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Agreed.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

9XXX is what Im waiting for!!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Yes at this point, I too am foused on the 9xxx model.

With three new BlackBerrys in my inventory, I am well positioned and very willing to wait

~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

The 8800 is one of the better devices I've seen out there.
    Honestly, it seems to lack a couple of things that I'd wanted to see.
    WIFI being one of them...
    I've gotten used to Pearl's suretype already and I don't see too much of an advantage over the Pearl.
    Like you guys, I will wait till 9xxx rolls out.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Can anyone say crackberry? When the 9xxx approaches it's roll out, we will be looking for the next model. I love my toys as well but this thread is pushing "addiction". I think we all just need a hug. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast