Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There is no BB OS that will recognize an 8GB card ...... yet.... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

There is no BB OS that will recognize an 8GB card ...... yet.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    There is no BB OS that will recognize an 8GB card ...... yet.
    The Media Manager will not recognize the 8gb card, but I don't use Media Manager to manage the card. I use mass USB on either my mac or PC... you can't use the 8gb card unless you're using mass storage, as the OEM support from RIM just isn't there yet... In USB mass storage mode, it's treated as a piece of flash memory/RAM basically. The card I got also has a nifty feature where you can stick the card into a little USB dongle that comes with it, which works must faster than using the tether.

The device recognizes it and shows the offset... it just depends on how you like to manage your content. I don't allow Media Manager in our environment anyway (we placed iTunes in as a part of the image we use for most all users so that they can listen to music at their desks if they want, so there's no need to add another clunky resource hog).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for bringing that point up, as I use mass storage mode exclusively myself. When I originally answered the question it was in the context of will the OS recognize it.

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Thanks for bringing that point up, as I use mass storage mode exclusively myself. When I originally answered the question it was in the context of will the OS recognize it.

I just got my devious little hands on the (still unreleased as far as I know) 4.5 OS, I'll report back soon as to how it integrates with Desktop Manager and see if it will support the 8GB in native mode...

Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond View Post
    I just got my devious little hands on the (still unreleased as far as I know) 4.5 OS, I'll report back soon as to how it integrates with Desktop Manager and see if it will support the 8GB in native mode...

Sounds like fun, I will look forward to your report....

via: BlackBerry 8310

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    I'll let you know in about 45 mins when it's done lol

I'll let you know in about 45 mins when it's done lol
    Sheesh, your speedy too...

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Yeah, I should be in bed sleeping, but instead I'm up putzing with this. Our Florida office will be pinging me on communicator here in an hour and a half asking why I'm at work so early LOL.

It's actually installed new Vista drivers (the process is taking forever) so I'm wondering if this will do away with the annoying bluetooth "unknown device" for DUN or if it will remain present.

I'll start a new thread with the full breakdown if it ends up working sans bugs... I already played around and added a few policy changes in SP5 on the BES that pertain only to this OS, so it should be interesting I saw the 'video' enable or disable in the 4.1.5 policies so I'm excited... Mainly because I have been wanting to use that LED flash as a flashlight ever since I laid eyes on the Curve

[QUOTE=PwDiamond;707233]Yeah, I should be in bed sleeping, but instead I'm up putzing with this.[/
    QUOTE]
    Yeah, it's just about 3:30 AM here & I'm up working on some Linux code on my ThinkPad, while enjoying this conversation with you on my BlackBerry 8310....I guess you could say I'm in NerdVana.....

Cheers!

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    [quote=archer6;707238]
    Yeah, I should be in bed sleeping, but instead I'm up putzing with this.[/
    QUOTE]
    Yeah, it's just about 3:30 AM here & I'm up working on some Linux code on my ThinkPad, while enjoying this conversation with you on my BlackBerry 8310....I guess you could say I'm in NerdVana.....

Cheers!
    Well this upgrade is like the Energizer Bunny... it keeps GOING and GOING... It's STILL not done... almost though! LOL

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    Don't wait for the 9000 the curve is the god of phones. And you will find that it kicks the hell out of the pearl. You can load more apps and no memory leak. Its a sweet device. I was checking them out today I need a curve fix until the 8330 sprint comes out~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Purchaisng a Curve 83xx does make sense. They are well sorted out, which may not be the case with the first generation 9xxx. Thus having a proven model like the second generation Curve puts one in a great position.

If the 9xxx ends up being a good model, the curve can always be sold, and if the 9xxx still needs work, the 83xx will be worth a lot for its great performance.

I know I'm really happy with my curve.

via: BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123