Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by rhs1979 The Curve has pretty much proven itself to be the best ... BlackBerry Bold forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rhs1979 View Post
    The Curve has pretty much proven itself to be the best smartphone on the market today and will only get better with the new OS and the introduction of html email, video capture, office document viewing and editing, and expanded sd memory support. Who knows if the 9000 will constitute a legitimate improvement or not yet?
    I agree 100%. This is my first BB and I love it. The WiFi is no bigger to me so that is not a factor. I can't wait for the new OS which will make my phone perfect! And I have a phone fetish, I like to change at least once a year or more (if hubby lets me LOL).
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    ill wait why not? ill be tempted by it anyways and want one

kingsham no está en línea Stack level 2
    to my understanding...i was told that curve's could get features like 3g...video recording...ect....(not wifi though) through RIM's OS updates, becuase the Phones have the availiable technology in them.

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8320 curve has wifi and with tmo.the plans are cheaper.can't beat unlimited calling for under 100 bucks.the curves web pages are better than on the pearl.and the keyboard is easy to use.curve is an upgrade from a pearl.or almost any other smartphone.

baniels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31d2df42
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsham View Post
    to my understanding...i was told that curve's could get features like 3g...video recording...ect....(not wifi though) through RIM's OS updates, becuase the Phones have the availiable technology in them.
    Could you link to your source?

Video recording should be easy enough, but I always assumed the 3g capability was a function of hardware, not software or firmware. Admittedly, that is an assumption and quite possibly wrong.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    That could be a tough one. If you knew for certain when the 9000 will become available and further if your carrier will have the choice would be easy. Knowing me though I'd just both haha! Buy the Curve retail and get the 9000 on an upgrade. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Why didn't you just buy a door from Seidio??
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Why not both? Just take the 2yr contract and sell the 8310 when the 9000 comes out.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    heres what i would do buy the cheat pay as you go phone from your provider and insert your SIM card from the 8100 into the pay phone and wait for the 9000 or a great deal at your provider or a great deal on ebay!

good luck man

kingsham no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by baniels View Post
    Could you link to your source?

Video recording should be easy enough, but I always assumed the 3g capability was a function of hardware, not software or firmware. Admittedly, that is an assumption and quite possibly wrong.

i didnt know this myself....but the guy from cingular told me....he was explaining to me that the curve was the best phone for me.....and then he told me about the os updates and how they could add features...and btw...edge is about to update to class 12

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by abdm View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I currently have a pearl and the button which holds the battery cover on broke. It is very annoying now, as the battery cover never stays on the device. Of course the device was out of warranty so AT&T didn't want anything to do with it. I convinced them to give me an early upgrade an I choose the curve. The curve has arrived, however I haven't activated it yet since it means another 2 yr contract. The question is: Do I keep the curve and sign a 2yr contract or wait for the 9000 to come out.

When did the curve come out? It doesn't feel any better then the pearl, so I feel kinda crappy signing another 2yr contract for basically the same device.

Thanks for the help
    The 8800 is supposed to be the "executive" level of the line... And the 9000 series looks similar. I had the 8800 for about 8 months and actually almost dropped back down to an 8700 due to the fact that the buttons on the 8800 are hard on your fingers and too close together if you are a heavy user of your device.

When I saw the 8300 series I immediately rushed out got several of them (some of the other execs had been complaining about the keys as well), mainly because of the keyboard being easier to type on (and the fact that red is the primary color of our company brand was a plus)

I fell in love with the 8310 right away, I got a 2gb microsd and that made it the device of my dreams (I just ordered an 8gb one--that will be awesome)

This thing has totally replaced my iPod (I sold it even)... I was amazed at the quality of the speaker. I plug it into the sound system in my office, my house, it rocks.

It has made travel much easier too, no more iPod to carry.AND now with the 8gb card I won't have to carry my 2gb cruzr on my keyring anymore and worry about the security risk there.

I got the Moto Rokr S9 two weeks ago and now I'm in bliss. No wires!

Now one device is my all in one... Its replaced my thumb drive, iPod, no more wires(ok two devices if u include the S9). I got the armband with the S9 and don't have to carry all the stuff around the gym either.

Ok I raved enough. Activate it, you'll love it!!

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As others have said, not knowing when the 9000 is coming out, makes it difficult to decide.

Concerning the Curve and 3G, my understanding is the device isn't capable. Or so I was told at the at&t store. Of course, perhaps I misunderstood and it is only the matter of an OS upgrade. I could always hope, anyway.

Coming from a 7290, I am very pleased with my Curve 8310. I'm thinking it'll keep me busy for a while. And compared to the screenshots of the alleged 9000 model, I think the Curve is the more handsome of the two devices.

PIN/ID
    Wheel
    PwDiamond: I thought the Curve couldn't use an 8 GB card, yet. What OS are you using?

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I believe that you can use it as long as you don't format it inside the BB.

PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Karpfish: Hmm, interesting. I didn't format the one I have, but then again it is only 2 GB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast