Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi Everyone, I currently have a pearl and the button which holds the battery cover ... BlackBerry Bold forum

abdm no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 Curve or wait for 9000?

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a pearl and the button which holds the battery cover on broke. It is very annoying now, as the battery cover never stays on the device. Of course the device was out of warranty so AT&T didn't want anything to do with it. I convinced them to give me an early upgrade an I choose the curve. The curve has arrived, however I haven't activated it yet since it means another 2 yr contract. The question is: Do I keep the curve and sign a 2yr contract or wait for the 9000 to come out.

When did the curve come out? It doesn't feel any better then the pearl, so I feel kinda crappy signing another 2yr contract for basically the same device.

Thanks for the help

FairGame no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436b02f

Re: 8310 Curve or wait for 9000?

I own a curve, and i don't think i will be changing devices even of the 9000 comes out. I am very happy with the curve, size wise, performance, function, all in all its a great device

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    I will upgrade to just have wifi! That's the only thing missing on my curve!
    Quote Originally Posted by FairGame View Post
    I own a curve, and i don't think i will be changing devices even of the 9000 comes out. I am very happy with the curve, size wise, performance, function, all in all its a great device

abdm no está en línea Stack level 1

What about 3g?

I'm hearing a bunch of people say that the curve is better then the pearl, trying to figure out what is different besides the keyboard...

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Its going to be quiet some time before the 9000 series comes out. I'm very suprised that you said the curve doesn't feel any better than the pearl. Your views will change after you buy it. The Curve conqours all!!! I had the 8320, but ended up getting rid of it to get a Crimson Red 8310. Having the blackberry curve, and GPS is the shiiiit. I wouldn't pick any other phone!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3

adbm i wanna wait for the 9000 to .. i got an 8100 (LOVE IT) but there is no actual release date on the 9000 and we know how RIM works.. wait... wait ... wait ...delay... i mean OS 4.5 still isnt here for us, so is it worth waiting with a busted device till RIM decides to drop the 9000? thats what you gotta decide

FairGame no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436b02f

Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    I will upgrade to just have wifi! That's the only thing missing on my curve!
    I have an 8320 (wifi)

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Moved from the 8100 to the 8310 and love it. Moved for the built in GPS and larger screen.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

same as vince. Dude 9000 series is not going to be out in a while. If you look at the time frame for blackberry series, then you will realize that it might take year and a half more or so to get 9000, but thats just the date based on the time frame of previous releases. If anything it will be out by Q4 at earliest.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

It is always a personal choice but I simply love my 8310. It feels so much more substantial than any other phone I have owned. Good luck with your choice!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by abdm View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I currently have a pearl and the button which holds the battery cover on broke. It is very annoying now, as the battery cover never stays on the device. Of course the device was out of warranty so AT&T didn't want anything to do with it. I convinced them to give me an early upgrade an I choose the curve. The curve has arrived, however I haven't activated it yet since it means another 2 yr contract. The question is: Do I keep the curve and sign a 2yr contract or wait for the 9000 to come out.

When did the curve come out? It doesn't feel any better then the pearl, so I feel kinda crappy signing another 2yr contract for basically the same device.

Thanks for the help
    I too have the 8310 in Crimson Red and love it. Chances are pretty good that the 2yr contract you'll have on the Curve will have expired before the 9K finally arrives, so go ahead and activate! Even if the 9K DOES come out in a matter of months, do you really wanna do without a device for that long?

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F

The Curve has pretty much proven itself to be the best smartphone on the market today and will only get better with the new OS and the introduction of html email, video capture, office document viewing and editing, and expanded sd memory support. Who knows if the 9000 will constitute a legitimate improvement or not yet?

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Sure would like 2find a good deal on a unlocked 8320 use on my att! Guess I could sell/trade my brandnew 8310 and keep my used curve 4 a backup!
    Quote Originally Posted by FairGame View Post
    I have an 8320 (wifi)

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

I must of missed a thread or two when I switched to the iPhone (big mistake) but what is the 9000?
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    wait!!!
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast