Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by calm_tiger Let's just recognize the BOLD for what it is: the total ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Let's just recognize the BOLD for what it is: the total package. It's just a better option to have 3G than no 3G however you plan on using it
    I completely agree, the bold is the best RIM has to offer period. If your network supports 3G why not have a device that can take advantage of it. There's nothing I would give my Bold up for until RIM comes out with something to top it. Right now that's nothing.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via smartphone~ I have an 8320 and am looking into getting a Bold. I am tired of lack of 3G speeds. I have customized my internet to load/render pages faster. I.e. No java, low image res., etc...yet, the browser is still relatively slow. Especially at high peeks times of the day.

I think the 8900 is a beautiful upgrade, but not substantial enough for myself. Think of it this way, Bold has 3G AND Wifi, so you get best of both worlds here lol!

I would def. Go with the Bold. Especially if you do a lot of heavy web and messaging (like myself.)

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes! It was a huge mistake to leave out 3g on the 8900! Can anyone explain the purpose for doing this?? & i was quoted a price of 429.00 for the thing, so it didnt make it cheaper either!!!! The Bold is all thats left as far as a complete BB goes, & its on at&t only...... good luck with that!!lol
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    because the 8900 is a cheaper phone and if it had 3g as well, why would people want t buy the bold?

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    because the 8900 is a cheaper phone and if it had 3g as well, why would people want t buy the bold?
    Actually, the 8900 doesn't have 3G. This is the problem.

As far as ATT service, when I was with them, I never had problems. Had great signal. Tmo is good as well, but doesn't beat att. Besides, tmo is painfully slow at making available good phones.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've never had a problem with AT&T service or coverage. There is subpar coverage here where I am for TMO but that isn't a reason for me to bad mouth them because of their lack of coverage. The situation could easily be vice-versa. As far as carriers go I only think of one that deserves to be ragged on and I won't do it on this forum anymore.

~via smartphone~

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    After having had the Bold and the 8900 simultaneously for more than 2 months now I have got to say that the Bold is the phone for me. I ended up passing off my 8900 to my business partner because I can't get used to that 'no data while on a voice call thing' or the slower network times. (Also, I found a few issues with the keypad as well, but that's kinda off topic.)

If you have an opportunity to use your 8900 and keep your Bold for a bit take the chance cause everyone's opnion is different. I know that Hayden swears by his 8900 now and he was on a Bold previously. But I'm not too sure whether he's in the 3G network area.

Good luck!
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    Actually, the 8900 doesn't have 3G. This is the problem.
    yes i know....re-read what i said. IF it had 3g as well why would people buy the bold? the 8900 is a less expensive phone.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    yes i know....re-read what i said. IF it had 3g as well why would people buy the bold? the 8900 is a less expensive phone.
    Well just how much is the Bold anyway?? Because like I said, i was quoted a price of 429.00 for the 8900!! Not worth it any way you slice it! & I don't think it has anything to do with the Bold.... which is exclusive to a whole different network & customers with contracts!! This is supposed to be TMO's killer BB for their customers! You know.....at&t get the Bold(BOOM)!!! Verizon gets the Storm(BOOOOOM) TMO gets a flip.........(whatever sound throwing up makes) and now the 3gless 8900. But as I said before when they released that flip thing, they don't care much for their BB fan base and this is just further proof! No excuse for this! & it probably will come to at&t 3g and all! What a shame...
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    "it probably will come to at&t 3g and all!"

I'll wait for the storm. The 8900 is nice because it a new curve but it still is no Bold. They'll have to get a better keyboard even if it has 3G. I would much rather have a 3G storm than a baby brother to the Bold. ~via smartphone~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12