Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

when i got my phone it didn't bring a new sim card- i thought you ... BlackBerry Bold forum

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

when i got my phone it didn't bring a new sim card- i thought you only got new sims when you open the account or when you purchase them.. the 3g speeds can vary depending on the carrier and your location-- in my house i only get edge-that why i have the router- outside of my house 3g speed is pretty quick and def faster than 2g
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    in tethering tests I've noticed a great increase using 3G over EDGE, but in terms of regular browsing over the BB, the change isn't that significant.. only way I can see a major difference is through streaming media not having to stop to load the next part. i'm not sure if anyone has brought it up, but its pretty well known the bottleneck issues blackberry native browsers have and has been slammed by tech review sites for some time. depending the site you're trying to access and your browser settings, you can have pretty drastic differences in phone response in loading pages.

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    I spoke to a tmo biz rep and he told me to turn off data while roaming setting and my speeds doubled since then. Seems odd since I'm in the heart of philly and in no way am I roaming. I'm just happy to have close to the speeds I should have on 3g and if it wasn't for my server I'm running at home I would drop comcast internet and just tether to my berry.

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on T-Mobile and my 3G speeds are great. Living in the Boston area and I am very happy with my phone and T-Mobile.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have my phone running on TMO and 2G. Here is my speed test results:

Connection Type: Cellular

Download: 197 kbps
    Upload: 95 kbps

3G is definately faster

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I found a speed test app for my iPhone and this is what I got.

Connection Type: WiFi

Download: 6125 kbps
    Upload: 9319 kbps

3g

Connection Type: Cellular

Download: 1210 kbps
    Upload: 343 kbps

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123