I am on AT&T on my bold is always on EDGE never 3G. Did I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

awalkerils no está en línea Stack level 1

3g

Advertisement

I am on AT&T on my bold is always on EDGE never 3G. Did I do something wrong during setup?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you have 3g in your area? i don't, so if i had a bold it would never be on 3g while at home, etc. i'd have to be in an area that offers 3g to be able to utilize it.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'm in a 3g area (Brandon, MS)... Sometimes its EDGE but most of the time its 3G

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    on Rogers i can select 3G only or 2G only modes , but i hear you folks on ATT dont have that choice.

when i have it as 3G - 2G auto mode it works on 3G most of the time, but when the 3G reception gets a little to low, it falls back on Edge as a safety net so you should never drop a call

on my basement suite, some times my reception gets down to 1 bar (rarely) on which it changes to Edge until 3G becomes strong enough to be reliable.

perhaps your in a low Reception area?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by awalkerils View Post
    I am on AT&T on my bold is always on EDGE never 3G. Did I do something wrong during setup?
    No you didn't do anything wrong. Your Bold is designed to automatically switch to the strongest signal. It will display 3G when you are in an area where that is the dominant speed.
    If however you know for certain that you are in a 3G
    area with a strong signal & your phone remains on EDGE you need to return it.

sent via BlackBerry Bold e

awalkerils no está en línea Stack level 1
    It has changed to 3G when traveling. So I guess I'm ok. Thanks for all the help

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I know the feeling, while I have a strong 3G connection @ home, at work I have next to nothing.

You win some you lose some I guess.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~