I am running on Desktop Manager 4.7 and suddenly I have double calendars showing on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

amosto no está en línea Stack level 1

2 calendars showing in my BB bold

Advertisement

I am running on Desktop Manager 4.7 and suddenly I have double calendars showing on my BB bold. The first is my e-mail rs calendar and the second is Device Default. I have the option of showing all calendars or selecting one or the other. When I select all, there are double entries. When I select the one with my e-mail account, it is only temp. When I ge out of calendar and go back in, it automatically defaults to all calendars.

How can I get rid of the default calendar or ewhat option do I have to get this double entry resolved?

Thanks

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have a seperate calendar for each of my email accounts.

I have two questions for you...

1. Are you on BES or BIS
    2. What do you mean by "its only temp"
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

amosto no está en línea Stack level 1
    I only have 1 e-mail account and get 2 calendars....seems like the device default is the calendar I used before subscribing to an e-mail address. I was using my BB only as a cell phone with outlook sync to organize myself with Outlook address book, calendar, task and to do list.

I don't know what you mean by BES or BIS.....fairly new at this.

When I say temp, i mean that i select my e-mail calendar but when i get out of calendar and go back in, both re-appear.

Thanks for your help

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    I have done many BB OS upgrades over the past two years, all of which moved my calendar, contacts, emails, etc. flawlessly... until this past weekend when Desktop Manager / Loader went awry and I lost everything. I did have backups of course, but for some reason I decided not to use them. My calendar, among other things, was blank.

After installing a few OTA apps and such, I decided to sync my device to Outlook, and do other post-OS upgrade settings tinkering. After syncing, later on I looked at my calendar and was horrified to discover a Device Default calendar, something I'd never seen before. It had 90+ entries in it, and my own calendar was blank.

After pondering this for a while, and knowing I had a backup anyways, I decided to delete every calendar entry in the Default calendar, and when I deleted the last item, the Default was gone, leaving my own calendar. I then re-synced with Outlook and my calendar was back to normal.

In hindsight, I now know what happened. When the failed upgrade occurred, I also lost my service books. One of the missing service books was the [CICAL] for my main email account. Because I resent the service books AFTER I sync'd with Outlook, the calendar entries had nowhere to go, and so the Default was created during the sync.

As a side note, because I have 10 email accounts; after sending new service books, I always delete all CICAL service books except for one (my main email account). This is so I don't accidentally create calendar entries using the wrong accounts and end up with multiple calendars.

I probably overkilled my answer to you by droning on with my story, but it should explain how it happened, how to fix it, and how to prevent it from happening again. Good luck!
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Talk about information...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~