Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now that the .167 has been out for a while lets have this poll It ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mic6 no está en línea Stack level 2

.162 or .167 for the bold?

Advertisement

Now that the .167 has been out for a while lets have this poll
    It seems that both Os work really well
    But which one do YOU prefer?

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can find .168 too on the wild.....

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    There is so little difference in the two it was hardly worth the trouble of downloading.

Just my opinion

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Well I had both installed. And my optinion is that the .162 is more stable then the .167. For example:

Bugs... aehmmm... Features on .167
    - Bluetooth stops working (at least up to five times in one hour)
    - Uncaught exception error on BBM
    - Need round 10 MB more space while installing

Bugs... aehmmm... Features on .162
    - Bluetooth stops working but less then on .167
    - Browser error that the input system is restarting (IIRC was this already posted on the Stacks)

But thats all I noticed. And this is a point where I can live with (seems that I have to til another release is ready)

Ms 2ct
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've not noticed too much difference. Does anyone have any experience of .168 yet?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Usually an early adopter, I'm going to let everyone else sort this out since RIM failed to do so. This phone is no better than the iPhone if it requires patches & OS updates just to function properly. RIM has really been slipping and I'm not impressed. As a die hard BlackBerry loyalist, this angers me - not an easy thing to do...

~via BlackBerry 8310 that had NO issues on day one. That remains reliable today & by the direction things are heading, may very well be the last of the "great" BlackBerrys

(wap.pinstack.com)~

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Usually an early adopter, I'm going to let everyone else sort this out since RIM failed to do so. This phone is no better than the iPhone if it requires patches & OS updates just to function properly. RIM has really been slipping and I'm not impressed. As a die hard BlackBerry loyalist, this angers me - not an easy thing to do...

~via BlackBerry 8310 that had NO issues on day one. That remains reliable today & by the direction things are heading, may very well be the last of the "great" BlackBerrys

(wap.pinstack.com)~
    Right. IMHO it seems that RIM has to got the BOLD onto the market to defeat the iPhone. Hope that they spend more work in 4.6.1 or 4.7

Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    These new OS updates are standard for new hardware and there is no doubt that the Bold is still new. Most of these updates do very little as you have the same hardware no matter what!

Most will not notice any difference from one update to the next. The AT&T Bold will come with .167 which most should stay with and wait for 6 months to a year to upgrade it as it will work just fine. All of the Blackberrys have had newer OS upgrades after their initial release but they only slightly tweek the existing. The AT&T .167 is the result of a long list of tweeks and will work just fine.

After the AT&T Bold is out we will hear mostly complaints about their devices switching from 2G to 3G as their signal varies during the day. This will shorten battery life. These problems we will hear to no end!

3g requires excellent reception to work well. Those who have only 2-3 bars will be spending alot of time on 2G and watch their battery drop at an alarming rate!

I guess I am lucky as Jacksonville has excellent 3G and I get 4-5 bars, mostly 5 bars and have never seen my Bold do anything except 3G for the last months. I deal with 60+ emails a day and use about 2000 minutes a month and still have over 60+ percent of battery left at the end of the day.

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    .167 has been nothing but perfect for me so far.

Bluetooth no longer disconnects
    battery life is awesome (as much as 162)
    0 dropped calls, 0 reboots...

Sticking with this one for a while...

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    I've never had probs with either 162 or 167

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sounds like it varies in devices. I hope I get a good one.....
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    Sounds like it varies in devices. I hope I get a good one.....
    Yeah I agree. When Orange UK get them back on the shelf I will be straight down there to get a replacement. Hopefully a new batch will make a difference. I can't stream video. I got mine the day Orange UK released them and seeing as they were the first to have them I guess I got quite an early handset. Hopefully a newer handset will be improved.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Bold Updates

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    I've not noticed too much difference. Does anyone have any experience of .168 yet?
    I have had the best battery life with .168, I usually get a half day out of Bold, but with .168 I get 14 hours

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I don't think that is a fair or accurate statement. I got my Bold on release day and it functions as it should with .127, yes there were some battery life issues, but I still had reliable service.

These OS updates are in the wild and it is us "early adopters" that want the latest and greatest that apply them.

I am sure that 80% of BlackBerry users NEVER update their OS and are perfectly happy with it. Thare are probably millions of Curve users still on 4.3 and have no plans to update it.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Try .168 I haven't tried it get. Trying to sell my bike to get My Bold!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    .168 is the best so far.
    Stability and free memory of .162 and speed of .167

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast