Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Archer- 9ould you (or someone else)clarify something for me? What do you mean by "extend" ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Archer-
    9ould you (or someone else)clarify something for me? What do you mean by "extend" your contract? Is this the same as doing an upgrade, or can I just extend my contract two more years even though my two year contract has not ended yet? I wanted to get a new Moto Q for hubby. But he's not due for an upgrade until Sept. Too bad I haven't managed to convert him to Bb yet :-(~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmom View Post
    Archer-
    9ould you (or someone else)clarify something for me? What do you mean by "extend" your contract? Is this the same as doing an upgrade, or can I just extend my contract two more years even though my two year contract has not ended yet? I wanted to get a new Moto Q for hubby. But he's not due for an upgrade until Sept. Too bad I haven't managed to convert him to Bb yet :-(~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Whenever I buy a new phone from AT&T, even when I'm not eligible for an upgrade, I do two things.

1) I call in to Customer Service , via 611 and negotiate with them, (being super courteous, matter of fact, calm and pleasant) reminding them how long I've been a customer, that I always pay my bill on time, that I have a high lifetime value to them as I'm not switching carriers, however I AM asking them to waive my wait time for an upgrade. This has always worked for me. This has _not_ worked for me in the store as they do not have the same room to negotiate.

2) I buy a new BB (or whatever phone) Now suddenly I'm eligible for the upgrade price, which requires that you extend your contract for an additional 2 years from that day. You do not have to change your contract. Nor must you buy any additional services, so the price remains the same. For example if I'm only 8 months into the two year period of my contract, then after making my purchase it resets the clock to zero, so to speak, and I have a new BB (or whatever) and a full two years ahead of me on the "new extended contract".

Questions?

Side note: I buy at least 4 to 6 new phones per year from AT&T
    and have done so for the last five years. So this does work.

Cheers

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow! I haven't tried it before, so hope it works for me too. Thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmom View Post
    Wow! I haven't tried it before, so hope it works for me too. Thanks!
    Another thought that just came to mind. Be sure you plan some time to sit down and make this call, as it will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes, if you get a "no" from the first person you speak to, simply thank them, hang up and call right back. You will get someone else who will most likely be more interested in working with you. I've had to do this a couple of times, remembering that it's really more about who's on the phone with you, than the fact you are calling AT&T. Some employees are great, others aren't. So calling back can be a very refreshing and rewarding experience. Patience and perseverance pay off every time for me. ...

Cheers...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123