Just got my new Torch and about to sync but cannot find the Notes app ... BlackBerry Torch forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Where have Notes gone?

Advertisement

Just got my new Torch and about to sync but cannot find the Notes app anywhere. Am sure this was pre-loaded on my old Bold 9000 and not something I had to download/purchase from the App store. Am I going blind/being stupid?! Appreciate any steer.

Cheers
    SM

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats on the new device! Are you talking about the MemoPad? You'll find that in the Applications folder.

Typical - spend ages searching - post here - go whinging to other half, who finds the Memopad within seconds. Scheez. Daren't ask how you delete a post on here as that's probably quite obvious too and just can't see it for looking.

(Ignore previous post).

Cheers!

LOL! Glad you found it. No need to delete......might be others wondering the same thing.

LOL! Thanks Roger, you often ride to my rescue

The Torch is taking a bit of getting used to and certain email accounts proving difficult to set up but I'm sure I'll get there.

Am beginning to think moving from PC to Mac and old Bold to Torch in the same week was a bit foolhardy ...

Am beginning to think moving from PC to Mac and old Bold to Torch in the same week was a bit foolhardy ...
    Yeah, some big changes there. DM for Mac has lots of kinks to be worked out yet. Hopefully you still have a PC for OS upgrades, etc.

Have had to delay moving to Mac as just discovered HUGE problem with MS Office for Mac (launched in UK in Nov and I'd waited for Mac in order to get MS Outlook). Seems MS released Office without enabling Outlook to sync with ANY smartphones. Unbelievable. Saying it'll be resolved in "first half of 2011".
    Apols for thread creep but just had to have a mini-rant ...

dolphin08 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmonkey View Post
    Have had to delay moving to Mac as just discovered HUGE problem with MS Office for Mac (launched in UK in Nov and I'd waited for Mac in order to get MS Outlook). Seems MS released Office without enabling Outlook to sync with ANY smartphones. Unbelievable. Saying it'll be resolved in "first half of 2011".
    Apols for thread creep but just had to have a mini-rant ...
    Not to further derail this thread, but a.) having just bought a mac and b.) office for mac and c.) having been frustrated with inability to fully support AppleSync services - I will add that I recently solved my contact syncing issues with Google Sync. Quite easily and efficiently at that. While looking for an alternative to Mobile Me syncing (don't own an iphone currently) and wanting to sync my ical with my Torch, I stumbled upon Google Sync for Google Calendar (iCal DAV integration) - so...if you are looking for a quick way to synch your contacts and calendar (i assume you have push email) you may want to investigate synching calendar and contacts with Google. I found it to be great.

Sorry for the hijack

Hi Dolphin

Apologies for the delayed response as only just seen this. Many thanks for the tip re. Google Sync which I'll certainly look into. If it can work syncing MS Outlook with my Torch that will be an absolute Godsend.

Have a good weekend.
    SM

dream9800 no está en línea Stack level 1
    BB torch is your good choice.