Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone know why after an update last night and the device was suppose to ... BlackBerry Torch forum

HippieCowgirl no está en línea Stack level 2

update problem

Advertisement

does anyone know why after an update last night and the device was suppose to have been backed up and i lost a lot of stuff and can not get ahold of anyone at blackberrry or rim to find out who this can be fixed

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What all did you lose? Did you watch to see if the process did, indeed do a backup prior to installing the new OS?

What version of DM do you have?

I lost I don't know how many contacts, ringtones and saved mmessages...none of my apps recognized me and it was like the phone was neww all over againn and I can't seem to reach anyone at rim or blackberry

I have the one that came with the torch

It's probably DM 6. Have you tried restoring again from the loader backup? The one that DM was supposed to have done prior to the upgrade?

DM 6 is pretty smart. If you choose to do a restore with it, you will be prompted which file to use.

yes and it only gave me one option and that was when I got it in Aug, so therefore I lost anything added after that time

Ugh. I'm afraid you're out of luck, then, unless you happened to have renamed the backup or chose a different path to put it.

well itsn't that just grand....so it say's it backed up my phone and didn't and in otherwise i am sol (sh*t out of luck) for everything it lost....att must be in cohoots with bb so i have to spend more money i shouldn't...lovely. thanks so much for you time

Try this.

On your PC, go to My Documents>BlackBerry>Backups. See how many files are in there.

I will do that when I get home to my puter. I am at work now and that happen on my laptop at home and I truly thank you for all your help

Okay, let's hope there's more than one file in there. You sure you didn't change the path or rename the file prior to the upgrade?

yea I'm kinda hoping that myself and i do not believe that i changed anything. and if its there and fixes my stuff i will send you a big fat kiss thru the message board...lol thanks so much again

LOL! Thanks......

If there is only one file there, try doing a search on your laptop for any files with .ipd suffix. Maybe it's hiding somewhere else.

Oh, and one last thing. DO BACKUPS ON A REGULAR BASIS! This will prevent anything like this from happening again.

nope i got scr*wed lol but that's the way it goes. and I think it's a shame that it is so hard to get ahold of anyone at rim or bb and one of the websites had someones personal number listed and not a number to actually reach a person on it. I also think it's not very cool that it says it backed up the phone and it did not and then it costs you more money to get back what you already paid for....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast