Okay guys, here I am with my pretty torch and a major issue. After a ... BlackBerry Torch forum

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

touchscreen becomes unresponsive in browser

Advertisement

Okay guys, here I am with my pretty torch and a major issue.

After a while the touchscreen becomes unresponsive in the browser. It works everywhere elsewithin the ui of the phone etc but I literally have to use the trackpad to get it to respond when it becomes like this during a browsing session.

I have done a battery pull and it works for a bit then reverts to the same issue, any ideas on what to do that I can perform without having to do a battery pull? Its pretty annoying having to tear off a case every few hrs.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    LA, have you cleared your browser cache lately? Click on your browser, hit the function button, go down to options, scroll down to delete browsing data, and uncheck all but cache and cookies. This will clean the browser memory, may help. Im new on the 9800, so Im telling you with experience on the 9700 and 9000. Let us know if it helps.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    does it happen when the page is loading? does it start responding after the page completes loading?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional
    Jeff:

Its after the page has loaded that it does this.

Chokem:

I cleared out the cache, cookies, etc and pulled the battery again...it works. But its seriously annoying!

What can I say? I'm a heavy data user. Maybe my phone is sick of me already.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It is a good idea to clear ther browser cache regularly, both on your phone and your PC. I tend to clear history and cookies as well. With all the memory disk space available these days on phones and computers people tend to put off housekeeping. This can cause you no end of problems, viruses, spam, etc can find their way onto your computer, whilst companies can track your purchases, others can hack in and download your address your credit card information and some passwords. So get into the habbit of clearing the information once or twice a day.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    LA, glad that worked. That's a pretty common problem. Also keep the email and text logs cleared out as much as possible.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red