Hi, don't know if anyone else has the same problem but my daughter has an ... BlackBerry Torch forum

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Torch SMS Issue

Advertisement

Hi, don't know if anyone else has the same problem but my daughter has an issue with her text messages. From a certain date all her texts are showing as drafts and are empty. She's says she's not done anything and can't understand what's happened. We've checked her settings and they are the same as mine so it seems to be a mystery. She's done a quickpull and changed the theme but still the same problem. She's running v6,0.0.448 since 18 March and the problem only appeared yesterday 20th. Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be and how to resolve it as she's upset that most of her texts have now gone?

The only thing I can think of is she's hit the maximum number of text messages which can be stored. I tend to delete my old texts so only keep the most current ones.
    Rosiemount
    Blackberry Torch 9800

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Never seen anything like this before, but it could very well be she's hit a limit for storage. I'd advise her to do regular backups from now on and delete anything older than a certain date.

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks RogerG, that would be my guess as well. I've told her to start deleting old text messages from now on.

Having said that I would have thought she should have got some sort of message saying there was no more storage available!
    Rosiemount
    Blackberry Torch 9800

Well, it's a Torch, so there's tons of space on the device. Normal behavior (if you want to call it that) when the device senses it has too many messages on it is to actually start deleting things, not the behavior your describe.

Instead of using QuickPull, try the physical battery pull to see if that will set things back in order.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    If keeping the older messages is an issue she can convert the conversations as txt memo's.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Two of my favourite people...*waving at RogerG and Boomer*...

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    hahaha. Thanks
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

lol! Sup, siver?