Don't understand it and searched forums but still not answer. I can't get why it ... BlackBerry Torch forum

syclone1978 no está en línea Stack level 2

Torch constant freeze then error code 602

Advertisement

Don't understand it and searched forums but still not answer. I can't get why it does this and has from the first day. Online says it's known of and in the process of being figured out. Kind of disappointed
    Last edited by RogerG; 02-08-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Fix typo in heading

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What OS do you have on your device? Might want to consider wiping the device and load a new OS from scratch.

OS 6.0.0.246

I love BlackBerry but what I can't stand is the constant need to always wipe and reinstall. I've had to do that with every one of my previous BlackBerrys. I haven't installed a lot of apps on my Torch or any crazy things like I have with past BlackBerrys. Wiping sucks because even with a back up I have to re-register all the apps.

What apps do you have? Could be one of the apps that's causing the issue. Did it start after installing a particular app?

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    have you tried to get the logs to see what might actually be causing it?
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23950
    Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
    Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users

http://twitter.com/#!/knottyrope

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    What apps do you have? Could be one of the apps that's causing the issue. Did it start after installing a particular app?
    No I didn't install any apps before it started happening. I now have a few apps but it happened before so I don't think it is a particular app. Most of the apps the Torch came with I do not even use but because of the memory size I do not remove them like I have with my other Blackberrys. But thanks for the suggestions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
    have you tried to get the logs to see what might actually be causing it?
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23950
    I have viewed the LOGS and deleted them to see how they look after a shorter log for the next freeze however I do not know how to read/or understand if there really is an error that pops out to determine the cause.

I've viewed your link also before posting on here and I guess I didn't see the purpose of extracting the LOG and the DEVICEDUMP because I couldn't understand it and had no one to give it to. But just for kicks I will now extract them and see if it is more understandable. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you can post it here, we might be able to discern it for you (the log).

I am pretty good with computers as well as with the Blackberry UI but I can't not seem to get the log.txt file extracted using the comand prompts from the directions on the above link. So I will try and copy the log on my Torch and post after I clear it so it is not quite as long because it was too big for an email paste.

Thanks again

Update for your information:

Before I was asked if I installed an app and noticed the problem. I stated no before, not considering that I created a theme using BlackBerry Theme Studio 6.0, which is in Beta still. I had multiple problems with Theme Studio creating my theme, hence the beta. I have never had problems with theme building until the Beta 6.0.

Point is I removed the theme and I have not had a problem with my BlackBerry Torch Freezing or error code 602 anymore. Now my Torch runs great again, I just wish I had a different theme builder to remove the "banner" on my torch and display it the way I wish. But for now the factory theme will work and I thank everyone for the ideas and comments to give me direction on this problem.

Simple solution thankfully.