When I purchased my 9800 as with all my other blackberries i've covered it in ... BlackBerry Torch forum

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Torch 9800 Hard Case Suggestion!?

Advertisement

When I purchased my 9800 as with all my other blackberries i've covered it in Otterbox. What a disappointment! The frame portion of the case falls off everytime the phone falls on a hard surface and has resulted in scratches on the phone that have voided my AT&T warranty (my nail can fall into it, therefore they will never exchange the phone). Nevertheless im utterly disappointed in the performance of otterbox with this device and regret spending the money on it.

My question is this, has anyone else tried any other brand that actually holds up quite well or am I better off spending 4 dollars on a case from ebay and able to get the same sort of protection, which is absolutely none.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Had a similar experience with the Seidio case I purchased. Dropped the phone on asphalt, top cover came off and dinged the hell out of the bezel around the screen. Luckily I also have screen protection.

But from what I've heard, the top cover of the Seidio does tend to stay on better than the Otterbox, for what it's worth. Just don't know how else they can make a case for this device without impeding on the slide mechanism.

I have to agree. Its going to be extremely difficult for them to obtain the same caliber of protection for the 9800 that they've done for all previous blackberries at any company.

I think i'll take the plunge and get the seido and a silicone case and see which is better. At the very least, i think the silicone wont fall off but heck, we'll see!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I second Roger on this, although my experience was with CaseMate Barely There...
    Whatever the cases they design for the Torch, these will suffer from the same impediment... The slider ! No ways you can find a stronger fitting around the front. Or one that grips well enough but won't interfere with the slide function. Last week I lost my 9800, totally, with a similar accident, except for the aggravation of having broken the screen, popped the keyboard and separated slider from the rest of the phone. Yeah it was bad... Insurance will give me a new one, exactly tomorrow ! (Rog, take note...)
    Because of this experience I ordered a case from Pielframa - It has a prohibitive price tag, but then the Torch does need (and deserves) that type of protection...
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    One case that has worked well for me is the AGF one at the ATT store, it came with the blue and silver slider frame. the slider part attaches directly to the back frame itself and stopped what little screen wobble i had. it is a little bulky, but so was the otterbox one. just a thought.

Lifestyles no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24D2ED97
    here is an email i received form someone at AGF... The new Endo case and holster is now available and will have the following 40% discount code on Monday... I may be ordering one, and hope it works well. Hopefully, a number of you can take advantage of this 40% coupon code! Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.agfindings.com/products/b...-endo-grt-case

"I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner. The BlackBerry Torch GRT Endo case and holster will be available on 11/29/2010, Cyber Monday. We will have a big sale running on that day. We will offer 40% off your entire order. You will need to enter CASECRAZE as the coupon code.
    Again, I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you and the delay in the release of the case.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact us."
    Last edited by Lifestyles; 11-26-2010 at 07:42 PM.
    [FONT=Georgia]Peter
    Lifestyles PC Services
    Pin: 232B3889

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]950, 957, 6710, 7100, 7210, 8700, 8300 & 8310 Curves, BOLD 9000, 9800 Torch![/FONT]

oh my! i may take advantage of that one too!

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    I second the GRT case it is way better than the otterbox. if someone does try the silcon one please post i want something i can take on and off easy for my charging craddle

cstmbuilder no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use a krussell case and it seems to work well. you need to lock your screen before placing it in the case or you will drain your battery. The case does have a "bulge" over screen area to try to help with that but... Also it is costly. has a pull flap to help remove phone from case. good luck I'm sure more good cases will come on the market soon.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've had good luck with the Otterbox Commuter. It fits well, and doesn't inhibit the slide function. The piece that covers the front is secure on mine.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red