Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but I've looked and can't seem to ... BlackBerry Torch forum

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Themes and the media tray

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but I've looked and can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. My daughter has a Torch, OS6.0 Bundle 695, which has suddenly started having issues with the media tray when changing the theme. When a new theme is used the media tray is empty and even reverting back to the default theme the tray remains empty. All media icons are in a media folder in the All tray.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how is it resolved as it's frustrating not being able to change the theme? Just for the record I have a Torch with exactly the same build (as from the same supplier - Vodafone UK) and I don't have this problem at all. My only issue is my favourties tray is always empty when I change the theme.

Any advice would be appreciated as she's ready to throw the thing through a window!!!

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    i think this is pretty normal when changing themes, i don't have a torch so i can't be exactly sure but on my bold 9700 when i was running 5.0 OS when you change a theme it resets the icons, and now that im running OS6 on my 9700 i can't change themes but i would bet it would do the same thing but why the media icons not sure you just have to move them back

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I would have to agree with Chris, I believe it is set to default when you make the switch. I think the only thing is probably constant is the frequent tray. As like Havoc I have 6.0 and the 9700 but can't change themes and my media tray is always full. Roger, Chokem, Bass a little help here please

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    While it's true that changing themes will also change the order and placement of icons, I've always found that once the theme is set the way you want it, when you go back to that theme from another one, it should stay the way you originally set it. Yes, there have been a few exceptions where things aren't exactly the way they were, but for the most part, once you've set something, it should stay that way.

I guess we'd need to know the exact steps your daughter is taking when switching themes.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks Roger, I knew that was the case with my bold when I was running 5.0, but then again it didn't have the tray set up as 6.0 does

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for your responses. I'm not sure how she sets a new theme but I assume it's the same way as I do.

On another note why is it that when I reboot my device all of my favourties disappear from the favourites tray? I then have to move them from the favourties folder to another one (I created a Favs 2) before I can add them as a favourtie again and they appear in the tray. Not sure if anyone else has this problem.