good day all, I just recently had my blackberry torch stolen & thought there is ... BlackBerry Torch forum

ww72 no está en línea Stack level 1

stolen blackberry torch

Advertisement

good day all, I just recently had my blackberry torch stolen & thought there is nothing I could do, but the next day I recieved an e-mail, from blackberry, that notified me that a new account has been sent up with my stolen phone. I have contacted the service provider(rogers) and had them cut off all service/block the use of the sim card(same day it was stolen). but now rogers and the local police department say that there is still nothing that can been done. I have the new user name that was set-up on the black berry & just thought this would possibly help the police find the individual that has my phone.
    any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Wayne

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    If you had BlackBerry Protect you could have tracked the phone and remote wiped it. 220533.png220534.png
    DL for free Here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

thank you Boomer, I guess that i have to consider this one gone. I'm not to savy with this stuff, but even our IT people at work can see when the last time the phone was being used, there again, just thought there could be a way of finding the individual that has the phone.

Are you on a BES or BIS plan. If the guys at work can tell you when it was used last you're probably BES. They can activate the internal GPS and track the device that way. Also the IME and PIN are unique to that phone an can be tracked that way.

Thank you again, if I never had any GPS tracking download, is it still possible to track the phone?

The gps unit is internally built it. There's no software to download

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    To be honest, Rogers will not track your phone. They don't care enough and it's in their best interest to have to buy a new phone (and re-sign a new 3-year contract).
    Truthfully, consider it gone. Hopefully they blocked the phone so that no one else could use it but I think someone could still use the phone, just not activate a data plan (don't quote me on that). Or they could use the phone on another network with a SIM card.
    If someone has already activated a new account on their, it's hard to give you any other advice. They usually don't restrict other people from using a stolen device because the common excuse is "I just bought this phone from a booth at the mall", and Rogers doesn't have time to do the investigation for that.

Just being honest, sorry for your loss

Sad but true

good day all, yes you're 100% correct, everyone is telling me there is nothing that can be done. Thanks for all the help & insight on this issue & I'll make sure to download some app's on my next phone that will help me locate it if this ever happens again.

thanks,
    Wayne