Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Glenn is right on here, I've owned every blackberry that would work on Att since ... BlackBerry Torch forum

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Glenn is right on here, I've owned every blackberry that would work on Att since the 8100 and alot of other devices along the way including every iPhone. The torch is the BEST blackberry I bought to date.....infact I liked it more than the iPhone 3GS I sold to get it, however after only using it for 9 days it's OS is still alittle buggy, the new web browser while WAY nicer than the old style is still WAY WAY slower than that of the iPhone.....the touch screen of an iPhone is much more responsive than the torch. Blackberry is still making nice phones but I beleave they are still behind the curve in this new era of smartphones. I mean why not put more memory in it or go ahead and give it a faster processor.....hd video recording....hi res screen....nothing I've seen compares to the true beauty of the iPhone 4's screen....all I can say is wow.

Just my 2 cents.
    Sorry if I missed some words i punched this out on my i4 lol
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Glenn, thank you for your honest opinion, i appreciate it, and bmay82, I also appreciate your comments, and everyone else that have added their thoughts. This is the reason I asked the question, because I trust you guys on the stacks. There are a lot of phones out there, I had narrowed it down to two, I like the blackberry and am glad that they have bought out the 9800, but I do have some problems with it, especially the fact that a lot of applications are not working on it yet, in my mind when you develop something new, (a new operating system for example) you should provide it to the developers so that the programs (apps) would be available at release (of course this is in a perfect world). Similarly with so many fast processors available why not put the fastest in the top of the line phone? I have looked at the Iphone 4 and according to ATT the majority of the apps I have, two in particular (Visual voicemail and Navigator) will not work on it. But then I am sure that I can find a replacement for these on the apps store. I will have to go across the border to get the phone and find an ATT store as I want to keep my number, so at least I can try them both out, and make the final decision, but at least I will be going with an idea of what you all think.

Do you have problems using Itunes with an Ipod and an Iphone, or is it better to set up a new account?

Thanks again.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Dave, as I stated, we were merely giving you food for thought, slightly biased because everyone wants to think their device is the best-human nauture. What's important is that you try them both out and see which one you like the best, because the only one you have to please is you. I had an iPod Touch set up on my laptop with iTunes, and when I plugged in the new iPhone, it automatically recognized it as a different device and treats it as such each time I access itunes with it. I did not have to create another account. Good luck to you my friend on whatever device you choose. It's kind of a win/win because you have 30 days to return it if you're not satisfied.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Glen, thank you for the update. In the end I will try them both and will choose the one that I find easiest to use, if I choose the Iphone I will miss bb messenger, plus I may have problems in not having a keypad. Whilst if I choose the torch I may get frustrated with the browser but then there is always Bolt or Opera mini. I do have one advantage in that my company will end up giving me a curve as a company phone so I will not leave bb completely The thing about life is that one never gets everything you want, but you should make the best of what you do get. Having Pinstack to rely on for opinions (maybe slightly biased but in a good way as the people are reviewing things they love) is a great tool to help make a decision. I appreciate everyones input.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Glen, thank you for the update. In the end I will try them both and will choose the one that I find easiest to use, if I choose the Iphone I will miss bb messenger, plus I may have problems in not having a keypad. Whilst if I choose the torch I may get frustrated with the browser but then there is always Bolt or Opera mini. I do have one advantage in that my company will end up giving me a curve as a company phone so I will not leave bb completely The thing about life is that one never gets everything you want, but you should make the best of what you do get. Having Pinstack to rely on for opinions (maybe slightly biased but in a good way as the people are reviewing things they love) is a great tool to help make a decision. I appreciate everyones input.
    I'm really enjoying the pros & cons on the 9800 folks.....please keep it up and update when possible.....very interested in your choice and how it turns out.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I received an update concerning ATT Nav Global Edition. Apparently it currently works on the following phones: 8310, 8110, 8800, 8820, 9000, 9700, HTC Fuze, LG Incite, Motoroal Tundra, Pantech Duo Mustang, and the Samsung Mirage. They do not currently support the BB Torch, although they hope it will be available in the future. I am also surprised to see that the Iphone is not supported in the list, although in the case of the Iphone I suspect that there are lots of other navigation apps available.
    On another note, I have to say that ATT and RIM have come out with a very good TV advert for the Torch, currently playing on the cable channels, mixing fun with business

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    They have to promote the phone because it hasn't met its quota. Lots of them haven't sold as highly anticipated. You don't need AT&T navigator dude...there are lots of navigation apps on the appstore I don't know if I should say this but I have TomTom free of charge with my jailbroken device. I have three actually sygic/navigon and tomtom very accurate and dead on when traveling. How much do I pay monthly? ( $0.00 ) how much did I pay to get the apps ( $0.00 ) These people speak from experience and if I were you I would go with what's top of the line at the moment: Droid or iP4 given that you're on AT&T you have a choice from the best .

Good luck with your decision and be wise about it ...I'd hate to see you regret your choice down the line...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks for the tip raton, I more or less know what I am going with, it is now just a matter of when I can get back over the border to pick it up , or at least play with a couple of demos first.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Dave,
    the more i use my Torch, the more i love it. It is the best BB to date and now that I have themes . . .well lets just say this is the BEST ever released ATT BB. The factory OS is even really stable and has few enough bugs I have not bothered to update. I was considering it tonight until i read the thread about the WIFI issues in .246, and now I am rethinking it. The whole dont fix what's not broken idea. I hope we have helped shine some light for you. i am not the early adopter type normally, but just had a feeling about the Torch and I have never been more happy with a BB, EVER!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thank you Bass, for the update. I must admit everything I have read about the Torch shows it to be good, plus it's a blackberry. I love the Iphone 4, but I do have a bias against Apple, shouldn't do really but after being a PC person for so many years old habits diea hard The torch also has bbm a big plus

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love it, it's pretty awesome. But as mentioned earlier, a number of apps aren't compatible with 6.0 yet. I am definitely missing my dictionary.com. lol. Also, coming from an 8520, the touch screen keyboard is taking some adjustment but that's the beauty of a Torch: both keyboards. Best BB to date in my opinion...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi Latosha, it seems that developers are slow to update apps to 6.0, but then I suspect the wait is worthwhile. I have been testing a couple of other phones and although I like them I think I am likely to go for the Torch, for the purpose I need it, the Torch seems to be ideal.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi All, well after a lot of thought and re-reading all the comments, I have decided to take the plunge and buy the Torch, I must admit the fact that it has an upgrade price of $49 and the fact that I can keep my current plan had a lot to do with it. The IPhone 4 was very very tempting, especially as I watch all the people on the C-train in Calgary using it, along with all the apps, but then I looked at my use of the phone, and I do not honestly believe I would make full use of it, what I do need is a phone with good reception and blackberry messenger so I can keep in touch with my children in the States, along with the ability to receive secure e-mail, along with a good address book which I can easily transfer all my contacts over on.

I also looked at the new Windows phone (I wonder if there will be a need to run anti-virus software on it, will it pick up viruses from your PC when you connect and would it be likely to pass viruses on, a major worry. After all Windows is on the majority of PC's and is continually being attacked, admittedly Windows 7 is supposedly the most secure Windows operating system out there but everything can be attacked).

So once I get the phone I will pass on my comments and impressions.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Looking forward to your critique Dave!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Dave, buddy, you have to hear my 2 cents...and no short change please!
    I'm fortunate, very fortunate compared to the stackers above ! (Enter snob grin here...!)
    I have them both... They both have virtues. And they both have faults!
    The differernce is that I prefer the faults of the Torch, and I cannot tolerate the faults of the iPhone.Confused ?
    Easy - depending on the work I expect from a smartphone, the BB is the answer to my needs. IF the same criteria is applied to the iPhone this falls short ...even using MobileMe, which none (as far as I know) of the above buddies do.
    If your priority is fun, the iPhone is the best. If it's work and fun, the BB tops the bill !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast