Can I reset the password in my password keeper or do I have to call ... BlackBerry Torch forum

Droopidog no está en línea Stack level 2

Resetting paswword in password keeper

Advertisement

Can I reset the password in my password keeper or do I have to call in and have them do it for me?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    No, you can do it yourself. Just log in, then press the BB menu button and there should be an option to change your password.

sorry should have been clearer in my original post. I'm currently locked out of it need to change the password so I can get back in without losing the content>

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ah, that's a horse of a different color. I don't think there's a way to recover it, unfortunately.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am pretty sure Roger is correct, if you have locked out then it will delete all the items when a new password is generated. It has to be this way, if you lost your phone and someone else found it you would not want them to be able to reset your password and get all your information.

Ideally there should be a reset feature where you could call the service provider and answer a few security questions which would then allow them to reset the password for you, maybe in a future version?

Thanks, I just wiped it.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    I actually enjoy the fact there isn't a way to get in without my password. That means no matter what, stolen identity, stolen phone, someone breaking into my house and posing as me. My password file is safe. Its one of the only reasons I use it.