My 9000 stopped scrolling down the other day so I picked up a 9800. Really ... BlackBerry Torch forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

New torch slow

Advertisement

My 9000 stopped scrolling down the other day so I picked up a 9800. Really waiting for the 9900 but who knows when it will make it out. Anyway this 9800 worked okay for one day. It's now running soooo slow I can't stand it. Tried a battery pull and it locked up trying to reboot 5 times before it loaded. Did a restore from the backup I made right after I got it and that helped a little but it is still slow. Too much delay when you want to open things. Is this just the norm with the new OS? Guess I will pay the $125 for them to replace my 9000 on the extended plan but that sucks since it will only be a refurb. Blackberry I've stood behind you for years now when allot of folks have bailed out but this is about to make me try the android.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    What OS are you running on your 9800?

What apps do you have running in the background?

6.0.0.526 and the only thing running would be anything they nromally have. It's back to stock like from the factory other then the updates it ran. Battery this morning went down 30% in less then 2 hours so I'd say something was running

forgot its 6.0 2342

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Maybe try loading the 546 from Vodafone in the official OS thread, or the leaked 570 in the beta thread.

Should have posted this is AT%T, just not sure if it's worth the time to mess with

The Torch is definitely a battery hog, more so than any other device. I'd try loading the 570 beta. Maybe even do a complete OS wipe with BBSAK prior to loading the OS. Do a battery pull after for about 5-10 minutes, let it boot back up and see what happens.

I've never loaded an OS other then the carries but I might have to do some looking and see if I can figure it out

Pretty easy, really.

First, download and install BBSAK from here.

Next download and install the 570 OS from the 9800 beta forum here on PinStack.

Sounds like you already have a current backup, but won't hurt to do another one.

Connect your device to the PC and launch BBSAK. It will ask you for a password. If you don't have one, just click OK.

Choose "Wipe OS." This will completely wipe the OS from the device, leaving you with a white screen and app error 507.

Disconnect your device.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your PC. Delete the vendor.xml file at the very bottom.

Connect your device to your PC.

In the same folder as above, there is an executable called "Loader" (it has a little phone icon next to it). Double click on that and the OS load will commence.

When that has finished, disconnect your device.

Reconnect your device and launch DM to do your restore.

When that has finished, pull your battery for about 5 minutes.

Let us know how it goes!

Downloading now and will maybe give it a try

MobiBiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would completely agree with Rogerg's solution, at times when nothing seems to work a wipe on the device is the only solution. I would also like to know the outcome of the whole exercise, as I have been using a torch for quite sometime and I usually use linked in, gmail, gtalk, and Facebook applications and it works well for me. I get atleast a 24hour battery life with heavy use of social networking applications, but then i do not make or receive calls on this phone.