Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone I am wondering if anyone faces this issue. Basically, when a new SMS ... BlackBerry Torch forum

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb New text messages (SMS) disappearing

Advertisement

Hello everyone

I am wondering if anyone faces this issue. Basically, when a new SMS comes through, I am alerted but when I open the SMS, I do not see the most recent text. It shows me texts messages from earlier and not the one that just came throuigh.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Can this be fixed so that when I open an SMS, I can see/read the most recent text instead of repeatedly scrolling down?

Thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    How much device memory do you have? That is most likely the culprit.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The device memory is 512mb. Can't imagine you've used that all up already!

I haven't used up any of it. Not on photos or anything but I have close to 2k text messages. Should I clear them all or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    The device memory is 512mb. Can't imagine you've used that all up already!

Quote Originally Posted by sk1d View Post
    I haven't used up any of it. Not on photos or anything but I have close to 2k text messages. Should I clear them all or something?
    Doh! That would most likely be the problem! If you don't want to delete them all, I'd at least clear out a bunch of 'em. Bet that solves your issue.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    My wife's 3G had the same problem...way too many text messages on her phone. I cleared the old ones off and did some email maintenance....problem solved. I also cleared the browser cache, helped speed things up a little.

I have done all that but it still does the same thing. I might just wipe the phone and start all over again.
    Doh! That would most likely be the problem! If you don't want to delete them all, I'd at least clear out a bunch of 'em. Bet that solves your issue.

i Have actually just deleted all emails and texts but same thing happens. Cleared browsing history and cache too

Have you tried going into options, phone options, general options, phone list should be set to most recent...other than that I really can't think of anything else.

Sorry to be a pain but how would you do that on the Torch, given the menu system is different from other previous BlackBerrys running 5.0 or below?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    Have you tried going into options, phone options, general options, phone list should be set to most recent...other than that I really can't think of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sk1d View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but how would you do that on the Torch, given the menu system is different from other previous BlackBerrys running 5.0 or below?
    Hmm, not sure about that. Maybe Roger can walk you through that...he has a 9800. I have the 9700 that's running 5.0 Send him a PM if he doesn't reply soon, I'm pretty sure he can help with that. I'll look in the meanwhile and see if I can come up with some directions.

Thanks a lot for trying. I also have a 9700 which is fine. This one is giving me a bit of a headache ha ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    Hmm, not sure about that. Maybe Roger can walk you through that...he has a 9800. I have the 9700 that's running 5.0 Send him a PM if he doesn't reply soon, I'm pretty sure he can help with that. I'll look in the meanwhile and see if I can come up with some directions.

sk1d, try this link and see if it fixes your display issue.

i Tried that but it didn't work.
    sk1d, try this link and see if it fixes your display issue.

Did you delete some of your messages?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast