Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I looked everywhere...wish I was an dummy and hadn't looked or told it to "show ... BlackBerry Torch forum

blascrw no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I looked everywhere...wish I was an dummy and hadn't looked or told it to "show all". lol

blascrw no está en línea Stack level 1
    even more interesting...appears it is partially working.. my contacts have their facebook pics...

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You can also resend your service books and that should put all of ATT's preloaded apps back on.

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371
    Does anyone know how to get widescreen movies to fill the whole screen on the Torch?

Facebook Blackberry Version 1.8.0.49 leeked.
    http://blackberryrocks.com/2010/08/1...code-required/

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    That version of Facebook has been taken down. It didn't install on my phone.

Re-Read the article link. It was taken down from app world, but made available through an ota link.

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb
    the one app i mis the most is infospace the link i had does not work for ota and dont have for desktop manager
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371
    Hey a couple of questions,

1. When will the Pinstack app work for the Torch? I tried to download it and was told it didn't support my phone.
    2. When encoding wide-screen video for the Torch how do I get the movie to fill the entire screen?
    3. Are there any Today themes for the Torch?

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Made a visit to the ATT store yesterday and looked at the 9800 (on its ATT tether of course) and tried to understand some of the hype on this BB......the very first thing I do when I pick up a BB is disable dialing from the home screen......I think the very essence of a BB is its ability to navigate within the device by using the plethora of shortcuts.....however, I could not find any way to enable shortcuts. The very last thing I want to do is navigate a BB by using icons for the calculator, memos, tasks, address book, compose email, calendar, browser, profiles, saved messages, etc., etc........also, my clumsy fingers kept hitting (accidentally) the screen and changing the layout or composition of the display......very annoying but probably something I could deal with over time and more experience.....the slide-out keyboard was very nice and solid......much appreciated......the ATT manager and sales personnel were clueless about my shortcut concerns, if fact, they didn't know what I was talking about......perhaps their in-depth knowledge/experience is with other phones......not sure I care about the new menus either.....when hitting the BB button while in the call mode.....I would expect to see a short list of options with one of those options actually being "options".....and, by pressing the letter O key.....I can easily access those options (like disabling dialing from the home screen).....couldn't see the option I really cared about there and it looked like a smattering of icons with descriptions next to each icon.....it doesn't appear that navigating within these options is a step forward for previous BB users.....If there is anyone who has first-hand experience with this model that can provide information contrary to my observations......it would be much appreciated......there are so many other attributes about this model that I really like but no shortcut capability is a real killer......Thanks.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXOR View Post
    Perhaps someone here can answer a question I forgot to ask in the store: does the Torch have contact charging capability, like that of the 8310?
    Answered my own question: unfortunately, the Torch seems to recharge only via the microUSB port on the left side. I really liked the contact-charging feature of the Curve, but that wasn't enough to keep me from taking the plunge. Perhaps the broad, flat microUSB socket will hold up better than the miniUSBs of my past devices?

Got my Torch yesterday, and really like it so far. Transfering my data from the old Curve via the new 6.0 DM was a breeze.

The larger display is much easier on my middle-aged eyes, compared with the Curve. That's even better with the multi-touch zoom capability. The slider mechanism also seems considerably more stable than those I've played with on other phones, such as my wife's Samsung Propel.

I've been a faithful QWERTY keyboarder, so getting used to the different virtual keypads has been a little tougher than I expected. It's nice to have the physical keyboard always available. And I'm surprised at how much I like the new (to me) trackpad compared with the Curve's trackball. Now if I can just keep the icon arrangements straight, I'll be OK.

BTW, one correction worth noting: I read somewhere a gripe that SureType is not available on the touchscreen of the Torch. That's not correct. Suretype IS one of the optional layouts available under Setup- Keyboard (but NOT via Options- Typing & Input).

To those who gripe that the Torch is not equal to some of the latest competitor's devices, I respectfully disagree. As others have noted, it's a matter of perspective. No, the screen resolution is not the sharpest out there. And some phones have faster processors, etc. (likely because they are needed for the features of those phones). But for those of us who consider e-mail and a physical keyboard top priorities, along with some of the features of more media-focused devices, the Torch seems to have hit the target.

Thanks to all who provided feedback early on. It's only been a couple of days, but so far, it's a major improvement.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    Made a visit to the ATT store yesterday and looked at the 9800 (on its ATT tether of course) and tried to understand some of the hype on this BB......the very first thing I do when I pick up a BB is disable dialing from the home screen......I think the very essence of a BB is its ability to navigate within the device by using the plethora of shortcuts.....however, I could not find any way to enable shortcuts. The very last thing I want to do is navigate a BB by using icons for the calculator, memos, tasks, address book, compose email, calendar, browser, profiles, saved messages, etc., etc........also, my clumsy fingers kept hitting (accidentally) the screen and changing the layout or composition of the display......very annoying but probably something I could deal with over time and more experience.....the slide-out keyboard was very nice and solid......much appreciated......the ATT manager and sales personnel were clueless about my shortcut concerns, if fact, they didn't know what I was talking about......perhaps their in-depth knowledge/experience is with other phones......not sure I care about the new menus either.....when hitting the BB button while in the call mode.....I would expect to see a short list of options with one of those options actually being "options".....and, by pressing the letter O key.....I can easily access those options (like disabling dialing from the home screen).....couldn't see the option I really cared about there and it looked like a smattering of icons with descriptions next to each icon.....it doesn't appear that navigating within these options is a step forward for previous BB users.....If there is anyone who has first-hand experience with this model that can provide information contrary to my observations......it would be much appreciated......there are so many other attributes about this model that I really like but no shortcut capability is a real killer......Thanks.
    Best they have moved EVERYTHING IN OS 6, I will let you know when I find it. I just posted a review in the 9800 section, if your interested, here:

Torch Review
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hey Best, we're getting too set in our ways for this...especially when RIM takes too long to come up with something new.
    But give it a good go. Like any other BB it's gonna get easy after a while. From what I hear and see the 6.0 is a real charmer ! The 9800 is a flagship...

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Hey Best, we're getting too set in our ways for this...especially when RIM takes too long to come up with something new.
    But give it a good go. Like any other BB it's gonna get easy after a while. From what I hear and see the 6.0 is a real charmer ! The 9800 is a flagship...
    Indeed the Flagship Best device to date.....although i've gotten wind of even better things to come
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast