Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

New 9800 thread now open! Yes, the 9800 has true built-in GPS.... BlackBerry Torch forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

New 9800 thread now open!

Yes, the 9800 has true built-in GPS.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I left the BB world for a little while, venturing to a lot of different devices like the Tilt 2, every model of the iphone including iPhone 4, and just left the Samsung Captivate. I couldn't be happier! I love the Torch. Sure, it doesn't have the apps that the rest have, but lets be real......the BB is a business phone first and foremost and it does business well! I love everything about the Torch, not a single complaint. The iPhone 4 and Captivate are both powerhouses of phones, but with all the stuff they do, those 1 ghz processors still can barely keep up. This processor on the torch lags less than the big one on the captivate did.

In conclusion, I think I have finally found a phone that can keep my attention for more than a couple weeks. I am glad to be back in the BB world (have owned every model of BB and became bored before) and feel I will be staying a while!

Giina1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got mine a few days ago...its suppperrrrr sweet...the best so far.
    not so much a fan of the typing on touchscreen but its faster definetly..love it
    just have one problem sooo far if anyone figures please let me know..pics taken on side cannot be posted to FB or else it wd need rotating..
    trying to see an app to correct this as i hate running to the pc to rotate before posting !
    otherwise i love love love it !!

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    You can rotate your pictures inside your pictures folder under media before posting to facebook. Instead of posting straight from the camera, snap the pic and go to your pictures folder to rotate and upload. Hope it helps!

thank you
    i can rotate but not save...i tried rotating then send to facebook - it still showed up in the side lol..

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    That sucks. Thought for sure it would remain rotated. Sorry.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by richardrblc View Post
    i turned in iphone 4 for the 9800 nothing beats a berry
    I'm a berry user at heart and have sold my iPhone 3GS to get a Torch.....I should have it Wednesday morning. Can't wait.....
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

@bighulk...thanks for trying atleast
    i end up getting photo editor from app world to rotate..it works for now but created a 2nd copy of the file..
    yep that suck tho. I like my pics in landscape layout. Oh well.

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    @Giina - Yeah me too. Hopefully we can come up with a solution to that. All in all if that is the only problem we have, I am happy. Thanks for the app tip, I will check it out.

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    I stopped by my local AT&T store over the weekend to play with a demo. Really liked what I saw, except that the browser seemed a little slow, given the hype over the new OS and WebKit. Just getting the (default) home page to load took 10 seconds or so; that's certainly no better than my current 8310. It could have been a reception issue in the store (though that seems unlikely; I haven't noticed problems there in the past). Hopefully it was an issue with that specific phone. I'll have to try again before taking the plunge.

Perhaps someone here can answer a question I forgot to ask in the store: does the Torch have contact charging capability, like that of the 8310? My biggest gripe with the Curve (and my 8800 before that) was the way the mini-USB connecters began to loosen within a few months, eventually interfering with both charging and synching. I know I wasn't alone, as there have been many posts on the problem. After getting a replacement for the Curve, I started using a charging cradle that uses the contacts on the back, instead of the mini-USB port. That saves the mini-USB for synching only.

I've looked at several reviews and spec sheets online, as well as all the close up photos I can find, but can't see anything like the Curve's contact points. The charging cradle I've seen advertised appears to have a male mini-USB plug.

I love the new features of the Torch, and am about ready to pull the trigger, but would consider this a pretty significant drawback. Thanks for any help you can provide!

blascrw no está en línea Stack level 1

more impressions

Ok...

I love the torch so far.

I am not a fan of typing on the touchscreen, but I am warming up to it.

I do have an issue...no FB app to be found...in apps it shows 1.8.0.39...but cannot find it anywhere on the phone...

my google apps work perfectly, beyond 411, google maps with the gps, email flawlessly, voice calls are great...

so far FB app and I was using crunchSMS (doesn't work on here) are my only limitations so far.

Loving the device!

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    My Facebook app works perfectly..... it was pre-installed on the phone, I just had to log in.

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Does anyone else find that it is much easier to snap pics using the trackpad instead of the hard button on the side? The button is a little stiff and I end up blurring the photo, it snaps smoothly with the trackpad.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Blascrw, did you check your folders to see if the FB icon is there?

blascrw no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah my device shows it installed...but no icon anywhere.

I think it disappeared when I did the device swap and that didn't work and I did the security wipe to get it clean and do the swap device again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast