New Torch converted from a bold. Used the Bold on the laptop and when I ... BlackBerry Torch forum

Petzl no está en línea Stack level 2

Media Card not recognised

Advertisement

New Torch converted from a bold. Used the Bold on the laptop and when I got the torch I updated over the top to V6 Destkop Software. Device wasn't recognised at all initially but I now have that sorted. However, Media Card is not recognised still. I have Win7 on my laptop and on my PC. PC recognises device and Media Card. Laptop won't recognise Media Card. Nothing shows in Explorer and drive is not showing in storage management. I have the 4GB it came with as well as the 8GB from my Bold. If I connect to the PC via USB and go to Options|Device|Storage I have Media Card and Compression ticked. If I left click and select Enable USB Mass Storage it errors with "built-in media and media card storage are not available because mass storage mode is currently in use". I have rebooted, taken battery out and rebooted, rebooted with SD Card out and then back in, formatted and repaired SD Card.

I figure it has to be a software issue as it works on my PC. Any suggestions?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    When I plug mine into my Dell Studio laptop, a popup screen appears on my 9800 with an option to sync media. Are you seeing this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

No....not at all.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Hmmm. Try a battery pull and a re-boot of your PC. It sounds like you've got all the settings on your device right, or it wouldn't connect correctly to your desktop. If this doesn't work, I dont know what else to tell you. Mine doesn't get that pop up screen always on the first try, sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB a couple of times.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Thanks Chokem but I have done that many times already. Will not recognise the SD whatever I try. I don't even get that popup screen on my PC where at least the SD is recognised but at least on that machine I can still see the card via Desktop Software.

I had done the uninstall before but I had not removed the virtual ports (leftovers from V5??)!! Scan for Hardware changes and File Manager and Desktop Manager can now see the Media Card!!!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Glad you got if figured out!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red