Soooo who else is having this annoying problem where their Torch will lose the little ... BlackBerry Torch forum

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

Losing BIS connection

Advertisement

Soooo who else is having this annoying problem where their Torch will lose the little Blackberry symbol indicating there's a connection to BIS? Also, you lose connection to BBM and emails stop coming in.

The only thing that seems to resolve it (for maybe 2 or three days) is wiping the phone. Some people have been lucky with getting a battery pull to but that's about it.

I'm not sure what the cause is, and nor does RIM or AT&T seem know either. I called AT&T, they said to get a new SIM. Did that, problem persisted. Called again, got transferred to RIM and was on the phone with them for about an hour for them to tell me that they have to transfer me back to AT&T because it's a 'carrier problem', which it may be but no one is certain...

Have you had as hard a time as I?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    It seems to me I've noticed it disappear now and then, but I've not noticed a big interruption in service. It always comes back for me within a few minutes. I haven't really noticed a difference in reception from my Bold 9000, which is a good thing, because it was always pretty good. I am in the Chicago area though, your mileage may vary.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    i've had this happen twice already both times i had to wipe the phone . The 3G symbol is there but the blackberry symbol or the 3 dots isnt there for no data comming in.
    tried batt pull. service books etc. nothing worked.

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    FWIW, I have not had this problem so far with my Torch. Granted, I've only had the phone for two days, but have left my home network and had no trouble switching to & from BIS & Wi-fi.

A thread on this subject at a competing website (are we allowed to name it here?), suggests that some 3rd party apps might be the source of the problem. Posters there eliminated the problem after deleting all 3rd party apps. I followed that advice and avoided loading anything other than BB Apps. So far, so good. Hopefully the next OS update will patch the issue?

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    thanks keep this thread updated pls.

only third party apps ive installed are bloomberg app and WSJ reader.
    everything else is what come with the phone

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kentrg View Post
    i've had this happen twice already both times i had to wipe the phone . The 3G symbol is there but the blackberry symbol or the 3 dots isnt there for no data comming in.
    tried batt pull. service books etc. nothing worked.
    Try wiping the phone and only restoring your contacts and calendar entries. Noting else. Apps are ok. But also reformat your media card iNSIDE the phone, making sure to backup your media only. Those were my steps, so I hope that works or you.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    snipes thanks.
    I made sure to restore only emails and contacts both times and nothing else.
    so far its been behaving will update if it happens again and perhaps you guys can give me some suggestions.

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371
    I had it happen before and I just turn off all connections and then turn them back on. Fixed