I have a user who received a new Torch last week. He took some pictures ... BlackBerry Torch forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Lag in Picture showing up or deleting

Advertisement

I have a user who received a new Torch last week. He took some pictures with it, then went to check pictures folder in Media - no pictures. Took the photos again... no pictures. Then he states they showed up in the media folder about 15-20 minutes later. After reviewing them, there were a couple he wanted to delete.. so he deleted them, they're still in the media\pictures folder. Later that day, they're gone.

I tried to replicate on my Torch but adding / deleting photos is immediate for me.

Any ideas?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Is this person saving the pictures on the microSD card? If so, how big is the card? There is sometimes lag when saving/deleting media on the card, especially if the card is large (I have a 16GB card in my device). The class of the card will not make much different in speed when using the device. A faster card will only transfer files faster when using the card connected to a PC.

If the media is slow to appear when the device is rebooted, disabling compression will speed it up. On OS 6, go to Options>Device>Storage and uncheck "Enable Compression".
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Thanks. Sent these instructions to my user. I'll let you know how it works out.

He tried both of your recommendations. No change. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is very odd, I also have a Torch and do not see any delay, save my pictures to the media card (16 Gb), but do not have compression on. I can certainly see where compression could delay it. How about the location service, does he have that turned on, since it would need to find a GPS fix prior to saving the file. Sometimes if you are in a building, or in a downtown area it can take a while for the GPS radio to locate you, hence the picture would not be saved. I have location turned off since it does seem to delay things as far as picture taking is concerned.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Dav, i had seen that too on my 9800, but its better on my 9810, same sd card-need to check compression settings.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!