Well I gave android(HTC Sensation) and iOS(iPhone4) a chance and this past week I went ... BlackBerry Torch forum

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28

immm bacckkkkkk... with a TORCH 9810

Advertisement

Well I gave android(HTC Sensation) and iOS(iPhone4) a chance and this past week I went and bought me a shiny new Torch 9810. Maybe the fad is Android and iOS but for reliability and ease of use you cant compare to the blackberry. Seems like with OS7 they are slowly making strides and BBX will hopefully put them on par with the others. When it comes down to it im glad im back holding onto my BB. Now i have to rebuild my BBM list :-) .. Which i may add has evolved tremendously.

See you all around :-)
    IP
    ***RIP<3MD***

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Been a while, glad to see you back.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome back!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome Back.... :-) Glad to have ya

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    glad to see someone excited about BB
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I must admit I miss the keyboard and BBM.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28
    Heck ya im excited. I realized i dont need all those fancy apps on a regular basis. Yes its fun to have but not at the expense of a physical keyboard and the stability of messaging. The apps that BB has is exactly what i need. But i do hope that the Market does caatch on and devs start to create the same apps for BB that they do for Android and iOS.
    ***RIP<3MD***

I miss the keyboard for sure, but definitely don't miss BBM.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    And I'm gone.

I don't miss the keyboard, just BlackBerry Messenger and all the contacts I had as here in my country it's the most used phone platform. And I also miss (the most) the led notification but that's just Samsung smoking something strange during Galaxy S2 design sessions. :P

In any case:

- Keyboard input by touch with SwiftKey X is a bless. I'm writing faster than with my old Torch.
    - Weight of the device as well as size is a real improvement. I though the big size would be a problem but was not.
    - Application installation and removal is spectacular. No restart needed and extremely fast.
    - Boot times are awesome. No more long waits, but in any case there is no need to boot now, not even with app updates.
    - Speed in general is astonishing. It has a price: battery.
    - The amount of applications is incredible. You have anything you imagine, just need to search.
    - Mail is working better than with my BlackBerry. Since 6 months ago the Torch didn't update read and deleted mails and I weren't able to fix it. I was getting crazy with the added work of clearing four mailboxes (2 desktop and 2 mobile). And don't get me started with all the service downtime we had these couple of months. Even BBM was being unreliable and I had two contacts that had systematic issues with it.

The bad:

- Battery usage.
    - LED notification (just Samsung thing).
    - Firmware update is not clear enough, might be easy or bad but I'm afraid to try. :P
    - Some applications need more clicks to do things (the OS seems still tied to dual input and that's why you need extra clicks IMO).

You know by now I won't ever be back. RIM wasted a lot of time with a tablet not much people wanted and I believe they thought they were better positioned to fight Android and iOS. They were wrong.

Well, welcome back to PinStack, DonGato! Hope you'll stick around here for awhile.