I want to turn off that annoying beep tone when I dial a number. I ... BlackBerry Torch forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I turn off phone keypad tones?

I want to turn off that annoying beep tone when I dial a number. I call quite a few numbers that are not in contacts, and I don't want to silence my ring tone or notifications sounds, just the phone keypad.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I did some searching and found what apparently is the answer....you can't. Not just the phones keypad anyway. Having device on vibrate seems to be the only way that I found.

Thanks. That's what I found too, but I thought I was missing something. That seems like a really bad design flaw. I wonder if that will be rectified with upgrades to O/S?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Go to options, Typing and Input, Keyboard and then un-click the key tones button That will stop it

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, that doesn't stop it for when you're dialing a phone number, though, Dave.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Unfortunately, that doesn't stop it for when you're dialing a phone number, though, Dave.
    Oops sorry I should have read the "dialing a number" you are correct Roger, but if you change your profile to Silent or Vibrate as Jay says when dialing the key tones will also be silent, you just have to remember to turn it back to normal at the end of your call, it could be another workaround. I don't normally want the key tones when I am texting or e-mailing especially when I am in meeting , I don't tend to make phone calls in meetings it annoys the others

Thanks everyone. I'm the new mobility person at my company, really unfamiliar with BB as I am an iPhone user personally. I'm getting a lot of people asking about this and they are getting grumpy with me when I tell them it's by design. I tell them to try silent or vibrate mode and they don't like that answer. They also figure that because I'm fairly new to the position, I'm just too stupid to know the answer. Oh, well. I told one guy to google the answer for himself and if he found a true "fix" not a work around, I'd buy him lunch.... still waiting for an answer. ;o)

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by pjwbur View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm the new mobility person at my company, really unfamiliar with BB as I am an iPhone user personally. I'm getting a lot of people asking about this and they are getting grumpy with me when I tell them it's by design. I tell them to try silent or vibrate mode and they don't like that answer. They also figure that because I'm fairly new to the position, I'm just too stupid to know the answer. Oh, well. I told one guy to google the answer for himself and if he found a true "fix" not a work around, I'd buy him lunch.... still waiting for an answer. ;o)
    Good luck with your new job.

It would be nice if that fellow found a true "fix" and bought you lunch. However, RIM would have to change things, since BlackBerry has always been like that as far as I remember. It doesn't bother me too much, since I usually keep my device on vibrate.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611