Hi, just wondering if anyone can explain to me what JVM error 505 is? Everytime ... BlackBerry Torch forum

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

Help with a JVM error

Advertisement

Hi, just wondering if anyone can explain to me what JVM error 505 is? Everytime I try to load a theme through desktop manager it stops midway through and I get this error on my phone. DM is also trying to update core applications at the same time. Any ideas how I can get around this so I can load themes?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hi Jodi,

I'm betting the themes you're trying to load are not compatible with your device, which you have listed as the 9800. There aren't many, if any themes out there for OS 6.0 yet as the new version of Theme Builder hasn't even been released to the public yet.

Are you sure these themes are for a Torch?

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE
    Yes, it was a Torch theme. After trying a few more times, I was able to load it through DM. I think the problem had to do with the core apps update. I ended up doing that update first, by itself. Then went in and added the theme. That did the trick.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sweet! I forgot you had mentioned that it was asking for that. Yeah, AT&T just came out with the upgrade to the .246 OS, which is what DM was trying to tell you.

Glad you got it all sorted out.

For future reference, though, you could've loaded the theme at the same time you did the OS upgrade. Once you see the core apps load up on the screen in DM, there's a button at the top that says something like "Add Items". When you click on that, you can add more applications and themes to the install process.