Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile This won't work for AT&T ... BlackBerry Torch forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

Advertisement

Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

This won't work for AT&T as they don't support UMA calling (But the E-Screens are interesting anyway)

1. Go here and follow the instructions to unlock the Engineering screens. Press ATL+CAP+H on your berry and use that info to fill in the blanks on the linked page.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

2. Enter the code provided on the blackberry's help screen, you wont actually see anything while you're typing but when you're done the hidden Engineering screens will appear. Use alt for numbers and dont worry about caps.

3. Open both links below from your blackberry. (viewing the certs will automatically download them to your device)

http://www.twoeighteighty.com/uma_files/trustcert.der
    http://www.twoeighteighty.com/uma_fi...obile_root.der

Then Reboot your Berry ALT-CAPS-DEL

4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Reboot and you are all set.

Originally post by blackberry addict xandermac
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    Huh?

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I have been using UMA for a few weeks now on my unlocked torch and it is great. I am always in a wifi zone most of the day so now 3G doesn't bother me. When you reload your OS you will have to reconfigure your UMA again

Truth + Clarity = Power