Hello i have a 9800 running 6.0.0.246. I have wireless synchronization running with my gmail. ... BlackBerry Torch forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Duplicate Contacts return even with setting disabled

Advertisement

Hello

i have a 9800 running 6.0.0.246.

I have wireless synchronization running with my gmail.
    and I have the "Allow Duplicate names" in my address disabled.

however, in my address book I have duplicates for every single contact. the odd part is that i started with 282 contacts, and I still have 282 contacts in my gmail address book. and when I look at the bb contact options it still says I have 282 contacts. but that is not the case because just today every contact is duplicated.

is there a work around, or a setting I am missing? I had a nightmare trying to migrate off my 8900 to my 9800. had to restore my address book twice.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    just an update. I did the RSET command in my address book. it fixed it for 10 minutes. the duplicate contacts came right back

pinkert11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Are you syncing multiple address books or just one? In the address book open the menu and check for "Select Contact List". When you open it if you see multiple contact lists then you can still have doubles of a contact if you have them in both sources. For example if you sync work and gmail address books with your MOM in both address books then MOM will show up twice in the BB address book.