Hi. I'm really hoping someone can help me here. I'm sure this is just a ... BlackBerry Torch forum

pelican3311 no está en línea Stack level 1

Custom Notifiers

Advertisement

Hi. I'm really hoping someone can help me here. I'm sure this is just a certain option that I am not choosing, & thus not allowing my custom ringtones to work.

When I got the Torch, I used BBerry Desktop to transfer all the info from my Curve 8310, including Custom Profiles & Exceptions so that I could get a different notifier for a particular person or group of persons - different amongst phone, email, & text. To do this, these are the steps I took for the Curve:

1) Profiles, Advanced, Under Profiles hit Menu, hit New Profile, Name the Profile, Choose ringtones for each individual kind of notifiers (email, text, phone, etc), Save by hitting back.
    2) Scroll down below the line to where it says "Use Active Profiles Except For" (same Profiles screen), hit Menu, hit New Exception, Use the same Name as the Profile just created, Use Profile of the name just created or Active Profile, hit back to save.

When using the BBerry Desktop, everything moved over, BUT in the Torch there is no such Exception part of the screen under Profiles to create the offset (exception) for the Profile. Instead, it posted my Curve exceptions as "Sounds For Contacts" in the Torch. However in the "Sounds For Contacts", there is no option to: "Use Profile _______" where you choose the created Profile as in the Curve. Now maybe the Torch has done away with the need to have an exception, Idk. But, the ringtones are not working. IF I use the "Sounds For Contacts" to set my custom phone & messages tones - it works fine for the Profile... but "messages" encompasses ALL messages, including e-mail & FB notifiers - so those notifiers are all the same... regardless of what I have set in the Profile Management for that Profile. If I delete the Profile under "Sounds for Contacts", I get the standard ringtone - I'm thinking b/c there's nothing to point it to be used.

To be clear, I want to use the "Normal" setting for example, but I want my house, my work, my kids to all to have different exception notifiers for their individual emails, texts, or phone calls. There has to be something I'm missing. All the profiles & exceptions did transfer over (& I've even tried a new profile just to make sure there wasn't a bug in the transfer process)... but they are not working like they did on the curve.

Hope someone can help me out, it's driving me bizonkers! Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's probably because the ringtones you were using on the Curve are not on the Torch. I had this same issue and ended up having to reload all the old BlackBerry ringtones that I used on my Curve and 9700.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can get all those old ringtones here.

pelican3311 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nope, created new ringtones & assigned them (they had defaulted to ATT Tune when the ringtones weren't there so I added new ones & adjusted the profiles accordingly). Thanks, any other ideas