I use to have a Curve 8310 and I had created a group of 47 ... BlackBerry Torch forum

moodyk13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Contacts Group list freezes up when editing

Advertisement

I use to have a Curve 8310 and I had created a group of 47 people that I would send a text to every day.

Last week, upgraded to the Torch 9810 and found out I can only send to 10 people at once. Very stupid, but anyway, I broke the group up into 5 seperate ones. When I originally created them, no problem to add members. Now, I opne a group, try to add a member and it freezes in the group list. I can press "escape" and will choose "save" and it returns to the edit group screen. I can tap the "folder" icon to save and it returns to the edit group. I can go to the home screen, and use any other part of the phone, but when I go back to contacts the edit group screen is still there and it wont exit it.

Only way I can get it to close is to soft reset. Then when I view the group, the changes were not saved.

Scenario:

open group to edit -> add new member or delete member-> save -> returns to the same screen to edit. will not exit without a soft reset........

PLEASE HELP??

moodyk13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just in case anyone else has this problem after upgrading from the 8310. There was a software glitch in the back-up file. Either because I had an older version of the Device Manager, or because my curve was 4 years old with a 4 yr old OS or a combo of both. Anyway, doing a device restore to factory settings then a selective data restore did the trick.